• Loc: Florida

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Post deleted by sealevel

#2 NeoDinian

NeoDinian

Experienced Postmaster

• Loc: Rockford Illinois

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

Third scope's a charm???? Send it back. Again. A NEW scope should NOT preform like this... Especially one that was ALREADY replaced with ANOTHER NEW ONE!

#3 sealevel

sealevel

Apollo

• Loc: Florida

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Third scope's a charm???? Send it back. Again. A NEW scope should NOT preform like this... Especially one that was ALREADY replaced with ANOTHER NEW ONE!

Jeff,
Can you believe this? It's so disheartening. Is this a common thing with Meade scopes? When I received this last scope I was afraid to try anything with it. I trained the drives, reduced the slew speed, put it in polar mode and that was it. Guess what? Back to factory. Two scopes with DEC/ RA problems. This will be my 3rd "new" scope since January 9, 2010.

I do have one very important question. Do you think the autoguider RA/ DEC commands to the scope can cause PEC sensor failure? I keep my PEC off in the scope during autoguiding. I'm starting to wonder about the autoguider commands.

Furthermore, what is with Smart Drive?" My pointing accuracy has always been good using scopes without this feature. Good polar alignment is the key!

BTW - I'm from Illinois, Chicago Heights, Illinois. I was a member of the Chicago Astronomical Society for years. They have Astrofest every autumn at Sha-Wa-Nasee camp in Kankakee, IL. Great star party.

Davio R.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics