CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to resize images?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

I would really like to post my sketches but do not know how to scale them down to fit the requirements. I scaned my sketch and it is 256KB in size and 1700x2339 in size. I know that is way to big to meet the requirements. So how do you get the size down to fit the required sizes? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Buddy

#2 BillP

BillP

Voyager 1

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Don't know what applications you have on your computer, but you can use the MS Paint program which all PCs come with.

-Open your image with the Paint program.
-Select the Stretch/Skew item under the Image menu pulldown
-Set the Horizontal and Verticle Stretch percentages to something smaller, try 60%.
-Go to the File menu and select Save As
-Change the File Type pull down in the Save dialog box to JPEG and set the name to a new file name so you don't overwrite the original.
-If the file size is under 100k then you are set, if not then can redo everything and use a smaller perceptage like 40% or something.

#3 phxbird

phxbird

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

You can use a free program Irfanview to resize it. I believe Microsoft paint will also resize the pictures, though it is not as intuitive as Irfanview. Photoshop or the other free program GIMP will also resize images.

#4 Uwe Pilz

Uwe Pilz

Apollo

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

Irfanview:
- ctrl-R (Resize)
- set new size, OK
- Try out: one time Shift S (sharp). If you do not like this, press ctrl. Z

#5 phily

phily

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

There is a free program called PIXresizer which works very well and will produce as much or as little as you want.
I don't know of anything similar for a Mac.
Hope this helps.
Phil

#6 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

There is a free program called PIXresizer which works very well and will produce as much or as little as you want.
I don't know of anything similar for a Mac.
Hope this helps.
Phil

Thanks a bunch Phil. That program works great! I am so ignorant when it comes to computers. Again thanks for the help.

Buddy

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics