CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CGEM missing part?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 t.r.

t.r.

Aurora

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

I took delivery of a new CGEM and it appears that the HC is missing a cover. The port for updating the HC seems to have been slotted for a cover except, no cover. The vendor says it doesn't come with one...is this true? It would seem to me this port should be covered to prevent moisture/dew in there... :question:

#2 MrKrink

MrKrink

Apollo

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

Mine didn't have one either.

#3 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

They don't come with a plug. I suppose you could plug a blank in for protection, but it hasn't been a problem in the past with the CG5/CGE.

#4 drksky

drksky

Surveyor 1

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

You mean the RG-6 that's buried way up inside the hollow on the bottom of the HC? I think it'd have to be raining upwards to get moisture in there.

#5 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

I took delivery of a new CGEM and it appears that the HC is missing a cover. The port for updating the HC seems to have been slotted for a cover accept, no cover. The vendor says it doesn't come with one...is this true? It would seem to me this port should be covered to prevent moisture/dew in there... :question:

Ain't no cover. Never has been.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics