• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hi:
I know Stephen has moved to Florida a while ago but I ordered a Minitower mount from Trapezium about 6 months ago and I'm still waiting... No answers to emails and Stephen's voicemail is full. Is there any sign of life over there and any chance I get this mount sometimes? Thanks for any hint.
Cheers,

#2 johnpd

johnpd

Messenger

• -----

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:17 AM

This is his post in the MiniTower Yahoo Group:

Steve would be pulling his hair out if it were long enough! This move has been the most nerve wracking mess of my life! Soon, Stephen will be joining me, with all of my shop equipment and "stuff". Once we get things set up again we will be busting our back sides to get caught up. If anyone thinks that doing all that I do is easy, then come on over and try it yourself! Also, this entire operation is not about money, it's about being passionate about astronomy and the Mini Tower and soon, the Mini Tower Pro!

All I can ask is that everyone hang on while I regroup and get my ducks in a row. Once things are again set up and operational then I/we will be going full throttle to keep pushing the envelope.

Thank to all and clear skies!

HEY! I can say that now and actually go outside and SEE a clear sky!

CS

Steve

#3 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

Fred-
Try emailing him at Telescopes@usa.net. PM me with your email address and other contact info and I'll see if I can get in touch with him. Also, he is a member of the Mini Tower group on Yahoo...
Don't give up, he's trying to get reestablished, and wants to take care of everyone.

#4 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

Hi guys,
thanks all for your help. I'll try the other email address and I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,

#5 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

Well well, it seems that Stephen is still on autopilot somewhere, I can't reach him at all... I hope he's fine, and if yes, I'd be happy to have fresh news about Ioptron Minitowers orders from Trapezium...

#6 tom fletcher

tom fletcher

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

One of his sons told me is arrived safe and sound in florida and is a locksmith again.

#7 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bogart, Ga USA

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Not sure what you mean.....are you saying he has gone back to locksmithing and is out of the Astro business?

One of his sons told me is arrived safe and sound in florida and is a locksmith again.

#8 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

No.... His son has a huge truck loaded up with all their possesions/shop stuff/telescope stuff/furniture and is heading down to Florida to join him within the week if memory serves. Don't panic, Trapezium is alive- just in the process of relocating. Trapezium will be back in operation within a couple of weeks.
Wes

#9 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:31 AM

Well (kinda speaking), the resounding answer is NO... I tried to reach Stephen here, by emails, phone and on the minitower group on Yahoo! to no avail, Stephen hasn't bothered to answer any of my requests.
I'm now facing the awful truth: I won't get any goods from Trapezium and I'm afraid I've lost nearly 1500 bucks in this sad story. I'd be more than happy to stand corrected, here or anywhere else.

#10 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

I would be very surprised if that is the case.....But please keep us informed as I was planning to ship my mount to them once they were back up and running.

#11 Gone caving

Gone caving

Vendor (Lunt Solar Systems, Lunt Engineering)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Underground... really

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

I will say that I saw that Steve will be at the iOptron booth at NEAF

#12 Scott Rose

Scott Rose

Viking 1

• Loc: beachwood ohio

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Fred, Stephen just had all his stuff delivered this past weekend. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get set up. I think by the end of the month you should have your scope. Hang tight. Scott

#13 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Carmel, NY

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

I think you should be hearing from Steve soon, I know when I bought my IOPtron MC152 he was busy with family issues in florida and that was back between october/november so I think that might have spured his move down south. Hang tight.

#14 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

Yes, thank you, I saw a message on Yahoo! group. However, yetvno direct news and I find really puzzling not to have a decent voicemail when running even the smallest shop. I keep my fingers crossed, the story isn't over yet.

#15 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

Fred-
He's trying to get in touch with people like you... last night, he was fighting internet problems with AT&T. I can tell you from personal experience that can be frustrating. He's working to get in touch with people, his son is there and setting up the machine shop singlehandedly (Steve has a day job as a locksmith- working 6 days a week/overtime every day)... they expect to be up and running again soon.
Steve will NOT take your money and run.. that is NOT who he is. BTW, he is no longer on C/N...
Wes

#16 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:28 AM

Wes:
I'd love to share your optimism, but nothing so far from Trapezium... Weird, isn't it?

#17 laddius1

laddius1

Sputnik

• Loc: Sparks, NV

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

I heard from him last month that he lost his cell phone. I have received the random e-mail here and there but it can take a week to get a reply. I'm in a similar situation as you, been waiting for a refund from him since January 25th.

#18 Scott Rose

Scott Rose

Viking 1

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Laddius, why are you getting a refund. Dont want the mount anymore?
I too have been waiting since january.

#19 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

This is starting to sound not so good.....I sure hope it turns out well for all....

#20 laddius1

laddius1

Sputnik

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

I changed my mind about the mount due to buying a new car and have been waiting ever since to get my money back. He pretty much turned me into a lender since he has been living off money that isn't his.

#21 Scott Rose

Scott Rose

Viking 1

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

I am definitely not happy with the situation. Had I known it would be so long, I would have not purchased the mount. The weather is starting to warm up, so I could really use the mount. He seems like a decent honest guy who ran into some personal problems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make good. I am hoping our mounts will be out by the end of the month.

#22 Fred1

Fred1

Vanguard

• Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

I am definitely not happy with the situation. Had I known it would be so long, I would have not purchased the mount. The weather is starting to warm up, so I could really use the mount. He seems like a decent honest guy who ran into some personal problems. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make good. I am hoping our mounts will be out by the end of the month.

Note that Alan posted that Steve is supposed to be at the iOptron booth at NEAF, so apparently a relationship still exists between them. Perhaps you should call iOptron to see if they can help. If Steve got your money and placed the order for the mount, maybe iOptron can ship it to you.

#23 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

Guys-
Things are getting back on track with Trapezium. If you have an outstanding order- and you've not been contacted or PM'd, please send me a PM with your details.
Wes

#24 laddius1

laddius1

Sputnik

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Wes
I e-mailed you to the address you gave me in the PM.

Thanks

#25 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

Great-
Will get it when I get off work.
Wes

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics