Photo

Trapezium Telescope still around?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

Another tidbit of information as to why folks may have not gotten all the information or responses to posts on C/N that they would have liked to- not everybody (GASP!) are participating members on C/N- I know- that's difficult to imagine! :shrug: However it's true.
Steve- the up-till-now sole owner and operator of Trapezium (as well as trying to work a real job for a living) used to be a participating member here on C/N, but no longer is... I'm not sure why. And if you'll note, Bob Gaskin has a grand total of 2 posts on here now... in other words, he's new here. He finally came on simply to clarify what has been going on. (BTW, You folks should check out his website- he's a very interesting guy!)
Hopefully, this will somewhat explain why I have been acting as an intermediary, posting updates/status and info here on C/N.
Wes

#52 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bogart, Ga USA

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

I am very happy that those who were caught up in whatever the issue was are getting served.

That said I do have to say that no, nothing I have read so far lends any understanding whatsoever to what appears to be to be a number of folks being left holding the bag with no communication. While there may be any number of excuses for it, there are few valid reasons I can think of.

I know it gives me pause about sending my MT for upgrading..... May take some time to live this down thats for sure.

Perhaps now more of you can understand why things have been rather cryptic and seemingly secretive... Bob deserves a HUGE world of credit for his efforts.
Wes

#53 NW CN Mike

NW CN Mike

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

Well, eventhough I've talked to Stephen, I still haven't seen my December order. Now that the weather is good, it's time to play in the night. I want the mount I ordered!!!!!!!!!

Mike

#54 Scott Rose

Scott Rose

Viking 1

• Loc: beachwood ohio

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

over 4 months and my mount finally arrived, of course without the tripod. I will see if it comes monday or tuesday. It will then go on amart as I have since bought another mount because I was not sure if it would ever come.

#55 EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lomita, CA

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

over 4 months and my mount finally arrived, of course without the tripod. I will see if it comes monday or tuesday. It will then go on amart as I have since bought another mount because I was not sure if it would ever come.

Scott, I guess getting a refund is out of the question huh?

#56 Scott Rose

Scott Rose

Viking 1

• Loc: beachwood ohio

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

correct

#57 Fred2010

Fred2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

As promised, here is the latest (and last?) update for my story: the mount finally arrived home yesterday, after a long trip from Florida to France and an even longer stay at the Customs. I got the toy in good shape, nothing's missing or damaged. I had no time to test it thoroughly but pointing and slewing is OK.
Bob deserves a huge world of credit for his efforts. Wes has a share too. Without these great guys, I believe nothing would have happened. Gents, I hope I'll have the opportunity to buy you a beer or whatever flammable drink you want!
Cheers,

#58 bkushner

bkushner

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Audubon New Jersey

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

I paid for a mount upgrade in January. My mount was returned to me supposedly done. It never was, Steve has recently admitted he might not have upgraded my mount and offered a refund but like has has the past 6 months, he makes a promise and disappears. I'm suing.

#59 EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lomita, CA

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

I paid for a mount upgrade in January. My mount was returned to me supposedly done. It never was, Steve has recently admitted he might not have upgraded my mount and offered a refund but like has has the past 6 months, he makes a promise and disappears. I'm suing.

Good luck in your efforts....

#60 willbro

willbro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Does anyone know the status of Trapezium and Steve Forbes since the last post (June 20, 2010)???

willbro

#61 Fred1

Fred1

Vanguard

• Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Good luck in your efforts....

First, Steve is out of state so getting your summons and complaint served will be difficult and secondly, the server has to find him or his business agent to complete service.

Frankly, I'd forget litigating and call iOptron to see what they can do to help resolve the issue.

#62 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

First, Steve is out of state so getting your summons and complaint served will be difficult and secondly, the server has to find him or his business agent to complete service.

No need to find him. He claims on his website to be an LLC. The Secretary of State will have contact info for his statutory agent and that's all one needs.

#63 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

I believe the refund being discussed in regards to suing has already been paid back some time ago...
Wes

#64 DoctorNoodle

DoctorNoodle

Apollo

• Loc: Lawn Guyland, NY

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

I noticed that now, when you click on the "Buy Now" link on his MiniTower page, it brings you to a page that says, "Sorry, the product was not found."

It would be nice if he at least posted some kind of message on his site. His last News entry is dated April, '09 and says, "Mini Tower Packages are coming!"

#65 dbs

dbs

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Guys, any update on this since the last post in 2010?

Is Forbes still in business?

#66 simpleisbetter

simpleisbetter

Surveyor 1

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Sadly, it doesn't look or sound good. I was just re-reading this post, and remembering it. He has a Facebook page as Trapezium Telescopes, but from all I could see without an account, the newest photos and activity posted are dated Mar 2011. Also, the website is down. Network Solutions & InterNIC inquiry records show he still has a valid registered sitename, DNS records, and IP Address(es); but his Nameservers, which are also his DNS servers, are offline. I've grown rusty and forgotten many of my IT skills over the last 4 years so forgot how to lookup any of the "last activity" info or such. Perhaps he's only doing business locally now out of his storefront. :shrug:

#67 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

He trolls daily on http://tech.groups.y....com/group/LX80 . You could ask him there.

#68 johnpd

johnpd

Messenger

• -----

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

Or the MiniTower forum: http://tech.groups.y...oup/Mini_Tower/

JohnD

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics