• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Islandwatcher

Islandwatcher

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Wales,U.k.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

I have recently changed my imaging set-up. I was using a fork-mounted LX200 10" on a wedge as the guide scope with an 80mm refractor as the imaging scope. This was connected as follows...DSI ll as guide camera on the lX200 was connected to my laptop..running PHD guiding. I then had my imaging camera (Atik 314L) on the 80mm refractor.The laptop was connected via a USB port to a Keyspan USB-to-serial adaptor into a RS232 port on the LX200 control panel.
This set-up worked ,but does not work with the NEQ6Pro set-up.Why not??
My new set-up is similar to the above but I now have an EQ6 Pro mount. I have downloaded the ASCOM driver for the Synta Skywatcher mount,but when I try to get PHD to work it says "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Can anyone help me overcome this problem??
Thank you.
Steve

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

I have recently changed my imaging set-up. I was using a fork-mounted LX200 10" on a wedge as the guide scope with an 80mm refractor as the imaging scope. This was connected as follows...DSI ll as guide camera on the lX200 was connected to my laptop..running PHD guiding. I then had my imaging camera (Atik 314L) on the 80mm refractor.The laptop was connected via a USB port to a Keyspan USB-to-serial adaptor into a RS232 port on the LX200 control panel.
This set-up worked ,but does not work with the NEQ6Pro set-up.Why not??
My new set-up is similar to the above but I now have an EQ6 Pro mount. I have downloaded the ASCOM driver for the Synta Skywatcher mount,but when I try to get PHD to work it says "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Can anyone help me overcome this problem??
Thank you.
Steve

Try using the driver for the Celestron NexStar 8i.

#3 Islandwatcher

Islandwatcher

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hi Rod..Yes I've downloaded the Celestron ASCOM driver and when I click on the properties tab in PHD it acknowledges that "Synta/Skywatcher Mount" has been selected.....but comes up with "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Steve

#4 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

Hi Rod..Yes I've downloaded the Celestron ASCOM driver and when I click on the properties tab in PHD it acknowledges that "Synta/Skywatcher Mount" has been selected.....but comes up with "ASCOM driver failed when checking pulse guiding"
Steve

Seems like I've heard of this problem before, but can't remember the details. Were I you, I'd hop over to the EQ6 Yahoogroup and ask there...I'm guessing you'll get an answer right away.

#5 Islandwatcher

Islandwatcher

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

Thanks Rod..tried the EQ6 Yahoo group and got there in the end. The main difference is that with the EQ6 set up the laptop connects to the handset and not directly to the mount...hadn't quite picked that up from the manual.
Thanks...
Steve

#6 neptun2

neptun2

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

You can also try eqmod in combination with pc direct mode from the hand controller.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics