• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Krio

Krio

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Hi,

I live in Venezuela at 10ºN degrees (sometimes at 8º - wife parents house). In page 37 of cgem manual I read: "The CGEM mount can be adjusted from 15 to 70 degrees (see figure 5-3)."

My concern: the mount can be adjusted until 10º (celestron wrote very vaguely that I can make the adjustments). How?

Thanks in advance.
Krio

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• ****-
  • Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Krio, Welcome to CN.

I don't have a CGEM but on other similar mounts you can also get a bit of extra movement in the latitude adjustment by removing the lower altitude adjustment bolt. Some folks have actually replaced the bolt with a slightly shorter one to gain a few extra degrees of lower latitude capability.

I've also heard about folks who have gained an extra bit of latitude adjustment by changing the length of the tripod legs a little bit (along the line of the polar axis).

#3 Krio

Krio

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:55 AM

Hi Mark,

Viewing the pictures of the cgem mount, the front latitude adjustment knob doesn't seem to coming into contact with the R.A. motor assembly.

It's possible that the only solution be changing the length of the tripod legs, but I need to be sure (expensive mount, high shipping cost to my country).

thx
Krio

#4 Krio

Krio

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hi,

Ray Shore in astrophotography-tonight wrote a review about the cgem mount. In
part 3, Ray wrote this comment:

"So according to Celestron, the CGEM can be lowered to 10º by removing the front
latitude adjustment screw completely. This is good to know."

Can anybody confirm o reject this comment, please?

regards
Jose

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics