• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gianluca67

Gianluca67

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:57 AM

I am looking for a portable mount for my Megrez 90 (4.5 Kgs with rings, dovetail and accessories). It is not for astrophotograpy, just for visual use to go with the scope during travels and holidays. I am looking for something light, portable, with tracking and goto capabilities, possibly AltAz. I have seen there are some mounts on the market such as the iOptron mounts which may fit the purpose. Thank you in advance for advices.
Gianluca

#2 Mogster

Mogster

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Manchester, England

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

Lots of people seem to like their Mini Towers, most seem to have them "tuned up" by a certain US vendor though. Out of the box it seems to require a couple of mods to work at its best.

Celestron sell the SE mount seperately now, a bit long in the tooth but lighter and quieter than the Mini Tower. I think it'd take the Megrez 90.

#3 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Central California Coast

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

I had my Megrez90 on a CG5-ASGT and it worked perfectly. Very quick to set up for visual, and with a little fine tuning I was imaging.

#4 BSJ

BSJ

Apollo

• Loc: Grand Isle, VT

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Can you point me to where they are selling the SE mount alone!?

Lots of people seem to like their Mini Towers, most seem to have them "tuned up" by a certain US vendor though. Out of the box it seems to require a couple of mods to work at its best.

Celestron sell the SE mount seperately now, a bit long in the tooth but lighter and quieter than the Mini Tower. I think it'd take the Megrez 90.

#5 Mogster

Mogster

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Manchester, England

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

Not sure about the US but David Hinds the UK Celestron importer has this on their site.

http://www.celestron...t_&_Tripod/3508

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics