LXD 55 Mind of its own.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Corinthian

Corinthian

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:43 AM

Don't know what I did to the thing but It's developed a suicidal robot tendency. Wanted to mash its DEC drive right off the DEC Clutch lever.

Anyhow, I set it up via standard method. Make sure LXD55/75 mount is selected. Give it the proper date and time, made sure it has the right city selected.

Go to do a 2 star alignment and it points about 60 degrees off the first star, I center that properly then it points about 60 degrees off the second star and fails its alignment.

Not sure really what the heck is wrong with it, Just got it on A-mart last week and have been dying to get out and use it.

I suppose and Update is needed for the hand controller? Not really sure. Any input or things you've learned on your own is welcome as I'm at a loss.

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

Don't know what I did to the thing but It's developed a suicidal robot tendency. Wanted to mash its DEC drive right off the DEC Clutch lever.

Anyhow, I set it up via standard method. Make sure LXD55/75 mount is selected. Give it the proper date and time, made sure it has the right city selected.

Go to do a 2 star alignment and it points about 60 degrees off the first star, I center that properly then it points about 60 degrees off the second star and fails its alignment.

Not sure really what the heck is wrong with it, Just got it on A-mart last week and have been dying to get out and use it.

I suppose and Update is needed for the hand controller? Not really sure. Any input or things you've learned on your own is welcome as I'm at a loss.

As always... Reset, Calibrate Motors, Train Drives, and triple check your data entries is the first step.

#3 Corinthian

Corinthian

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

Oooh I need to calibrate the motors and train the drives, didn't think that would account for being off that far thank you :D

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics