No response 17 on ASGT Mount

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hfjacinto

hfjacinto

I think he's got it!

• Loc: Land of clouds and LP

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Last night while slewing I got a no response 17 which according to Celestron is no response from the DEC Motor. Its not the battery, because after I powered down, it went right back to work. The only thing I did was pull on the had controller, but it was still connected. It wasn't loose at all.

Any thing else I can check?

Thanks

#2 Gregk

Gregk

Vanguard

• Loc: San Tan Valley, Az,

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Dec Cable ? Maybe Power aThat Center Pin connector for the AC adapter may need to be spread...Maybe the ground connection also check it There is a spring loaded clip that pushes the outer part of the AC adpater plug snug to the outer part of the ground connection.

There is a description of this very problem on celestron site...ERROR 17

I have a spare DEC cable that attaches (Normally) from my GPUSB adpater to the ST 4 port for guiding I'll sue that calbe as a debugging cable

Greg

#3 Javier

Javier

Surveyor 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

Helder,

The same thing happened to me this past winter. My problem was that the ribbon cable that connects to the DEC motor was slightly off the circuit board connectors. When the mount would slew to certain positions it would stop working and I would get an error 17. This was especially apparent during the winter when the ribbon cable would shrink just slightly.

If the mount is out of warranty or you are brave, you may want to very carefully open the plastic mount housing and re-seat ribbon cables and perhaps use a small amount of electrical tape to hold the ribbon cable connectors to the circuit board. Once I did that my error 17 issues went away. If you want we can hookup and I'll help you do it.

Jav

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics