•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CG-5 Goto mount problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bigal50

Bigal50

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

CAN ANY ONE SEND ME A LINK FOR A WIRE SCHEMATIC FOR A ADVANCED GT MOUNT? I REPLACED THE MOTOR BOARD AND I MAY HAVE MIXED UP THE DEC AND REC. AND IF ANY ONE KNOWS IF I BUY A NEW MOTOR IF THE ENCODER COME WITH IT AND WIRES WITH PLUG? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AL

#2 Fred1

Fred1

Vanguard

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

Welcome to Cloudy Nights. I don't know the answer to your questions but if no one else does here, perhaps you can try the CG5 Yahoo Group. Good luck.

http://tech.groups.y....com/group/CG5/

#3 dwitek

dwitek

Mariner 2

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

I just did a motor replacement on my CG-5 AGT. The encoder comes with it as does the wires with a connector. My new motor's connector was not keyed so you need to make sure to plug it in the same way as the old one. The motor is $33 including shipping form Celestron and takes about 2 weeks to get.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics