iOptron Customer Service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorNoodle

DoctorNoodle

Apollo

• Loc: Lawn Guyland, NY

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Today was the final day of my dealings with iOptron's Customer Service. My MiniTower was returned to my doorstep via UPS this morning.

Last month, I started having problems with the MiniTower that came to a conclusion when the mount failed completely on July 2nd. I got in touch with iOptron by both email and voicemail, knowing I wouldn't get any response until after the holiday weekend.

On July 5th, I received an email request for further details of my issue. The following day, I received another email stating that an RMA was in order. Two days later, I received a phone call from an iOptron rep with instructions for sending the mount back to their headquarters outside of Boston. I got the mount back in working order a week to the day that I shipped it out.

In all, it was a positive experience. The feeling I got was that they were really concerned about my satisfaction with their product and getting my issue corrected. I'm also pleased with the speed with which they handled my issue.

If anything, I would have liked some communication from them once they had my MiniTower, possibly word on the problem and fix and maybe a return shipping notice. Given their efficiency in fixing and returning the mount, though, I'm willing to give them a pass on that.

#2 Stew57

Stew57

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Silsbee Texas

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Now that is what service should be. Some of the others should be on notice. You know who you are!

#3 panhard

panhard

It's All Good

• Moderators
  • Loc: Markham Ontario Canada

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

I am glad to hear you had good results. I have had similar results with another manufacturer. It seems like we both have found people and companies who are good to deal with. My sig. line will say who.

#4 nemo129

nemo129

Gemini

• Loc: WMass

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Now that is what service should be. Some of the others should be on notice. You know who you are!

Mark,
Sometimes I'm not so sure they know we are talking about them, but I know who you mean! :lol:

#5 BobH

BobH

Messenger

• Loc: Right Coast

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I think it's a *BLEEP* shoot, just like buying amature astonomy equipment to begin with.

My experience has been 180 degrees from yours. I find that they do not return voice mail messages, do not return e-mail messages, and when I do get them on the phone they say they will need to call me back and then fail to do so.

I am very dissatisfied with the Minitower and my inability to get it repaired.

Bob

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics