Jump to content


What is a T2 connection ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonstarrysky


    Viking 1

  • -----
  • Posts: 688
  • Joined: 03 Jan 2009

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

I have a binoviewer that came with all sorts of adapter things I cant exactly make out. The blurb says T2 connection is included. Is that a screw thread ? And what is such a thing usually used for ? There is also an attachent where the two parts just press together and are held together from the side by a tiny hex bolt. Maybe that ones is called a bayonet ?

#2 RAKing


    Fly Me to the Moon

  • *****
  • Posts: 6372
  • Joined: 28 Dec 2007

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

T2 is a metric size (M42 x 0.75) that is the "T-thread" you hear about with cameras. It's bigger than 1.25 inches, but smaller than 2 inches.

It sounds like you got a set of Baader binoviewers. They all have T2 threads of some sort and have a ton of accessories and options. I suggest you cruise around the Alpine Astro web site FMI. :)

The bayonet fitting should have two tiny "lips" opposite the bolt and it is used to attach the focuser adapter fitting to the nose of the Mark V binoviewer.



Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics