•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Facebook - Astronomical Sketching

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 FJA

FJA

Sketcher Extraordinaire

• topic starter

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

For those of you on Facebook, I began an Astronomical Sketching group there last week. So, if you're interested, please pop along, take a look, press 'Like' and join in. Feel free to post sketches and observations, etc.

Astronomical Sketching on Facebook

#2 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Faith

That's a great idea. It will inform others around the world to discover the art of sketching in astronomy. I have informed many other artists and friends from the other direction in my Facebook to take a look at Cloudy Nights over the past years.

I know many who will not go to Facebook or previously to Myspace, yet I have posted much of my astro photo and artwork to both sites over the years. I would suggest that we just think of it as another way to connect to many others with similar interests. The Australian site- Ice in Space is also linked to my Facebook. I'll send you a link to add as a friend but then you are going to see everything about my life /~; I have nothing to hide as long as I reside on this planet with all the rest of us! :cool:
- Mark

#3 FJA

FJA

Sketcher Extraordinaire

• topic starter

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

Go for it. I'll confirm it and then you can see all my nonsense as well!

And thanks for letting people know about the page. :)

#4 cpl43uk

cpl43uk

Messenger

• -----

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Likewise as Mark says. Great idea to get a bit of outreach. See you all over on FB!

#5 FJA

FJA

Sketcher Extraordinaire

• topic starter

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

We've got 68 members now, which is great. People are posting some great sketches, too.

#6 S1mas

S1mas

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

Posted one there today :)

#7 jdavalos

jdavalos

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hi!
I'm just joined a seconds ago... I'm not a so active sketcher guy, but I think it´s a good idea having such a place...

#8 moonzero2

moonzero2

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Awesome idea!
Just joined.
Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics