CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASOD Gallery Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 cpl43uk

cpl43uk

Messenger

• -----

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Sorry for raising this in CN but does anyone else find that they cannot see the monthly "gallery thumbnails" in ASOD after May? I get the dreaded red X against the daily gallery images (they will all open up correctly if I double click) yet I can see all daily images before June? Am I being dumb here?

Thanks

#2 Jeremy Perez

Jeremy Perez

Vanguard

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the heads-up about that. I need to investigate what's going on, but it looks like something is amiss with the thumbnail fields for recent posts. Once I figure it out, I'll discuss with Rich Handy.

While we're on the topic, it sounds like you find the thumbnail gallery useful...does anyone else use that feature of the site?

#3 cpl43uk

cpl43uk

Messenger

• -----

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

thanks Jeremy. To add a bit - I sometimes travel so can't catch the site for a few weeks. I find the thumbs a really easy way to catch up on what has been posted.

#4 cildarith

cildarith

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

The thumbnail gallery is a fun way to peruse past entries and search for same. It would be nice if the entire month could be placed onto a single page, however, instead of splitting it into three or four pages.

(Also let Rich know we miss seeing him around here...)

#5 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

Jeremy,

Yes, it is helpful. I agree with Eric that it would be nice if the month was on one page. Great asset though.

#6 Jeremy Perez

Jeremy Perez

Vanguard

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

Ah I like the way you guys think!

Months should now display in their entirety on one page.

Now to figure out the deal with the recent thumbnails.

#7 Jeremy Perez

Jeremy Perez

Vanguard

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

The galleries at Astronomy Sketch of the Day should now be fully populated with thumbnails. Take a tour when you get a chance and let us know if anything seems out of place. (The posts that feature YouTube content still need some thumbnail help)

#8 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Jeremy,

Nicely done and thank you!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics