Hartley 2 Sketches and Parable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

• Loc: Crozet VA 22932

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

If you care to look, I have posted 4 sketches of Hartley 2 (162X, 43X, 110X, and 16X) on our ministry site (address below my signature). Go to the Inspiration Page; it is the top left hand story with a link to the 4 sketches and details.

The first 3 were done with the aid of astro video but the last is with Fuji binoculars on a Sky Window--and my favorite view. It was great to catch this fleeting sight. The first sketch was done October 5th; all the others were on October 7th.

The last last astro-video assisted observation got interesting as I had to establish the star field quickly, then work on the comet since it's position was changing pretty rapidly.

...a soft but nice looking comet with a path near excellent objects!!

#2 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

Roland,

Thank you for sharing your excellent observations of Comet Hartley. The three observations made using telescopes and video camera are very nice but the one made using the binoculars is my favorite. The last one shows the beauty of both the comet and the Double Cluster. Like the comet our lives are fleeting as well.

Carlos

#3 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

Roland,

Well done. I enjoyed looking at all these comet sketches. I think I like the widefield binocular sketch best of all.

Frank :)

#4 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

• Loc: Crozet VA 22932

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Frank and Carlos. Yep...binocular view was my favorite also. Great time working with all the setups to see what I could get.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics