• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Koen Dierckens

Koen Dierckens

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Antwerp, Belgium

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

A while ago, member arowana posted a thread , showing how he had hidden his dew controller in the CPC fork.
I thought this was a cool idea, so when I decided I needed an anti-dew system too after too many nights with a blow-dryer in my hands, I started my own DIY anti-dew construction project.

As for me it is mandatory that every knob and connector is placed as perfect as possible, I started by making a template of the lower part of the fork where the controller fits in.
While doing so, I thought maybe other members of this forum might be interested in having the template too, so this is the reason for this post. It took me a while to make this template as good as possible, so I'll save you some time by offering mine.

Attached you'll find a pdf with 2 pages: one "blank" template, that can be used at will: just add the necessary knobs and holes for your own project. (import it into a graphical application or print it out as blank and draw on it)
The second page is the template I actually used for my project, with all the holes I wanted to make, just as an example.

If you print the template out on an A4 self-adhesive label, you can attach it to the part of the fork in question and have a protective sheet against scratches during the machining process and very precise indication where you need to drill your holes at the same time.
Drill/machine right through the template and remove the label when done...

If you happen to run into problems while printing the PDF or importing in another graphical application, I can offer it also as a MS office Powerpoint 2007 file (.pptx), where you should be able to edit it and print it with the correct dimensions. Just let me know.

Clear skies!

Attached Files

#2 celtictexan

celtictexan

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Amarillo Texas

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Very nice work. Looks pro all the way.

#3 HeyJP

HeyJP

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Boulder, CO

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Koen,

Well, are you gonna show us a photo of the final product? Tell us about the functionality and knob functions.

Curious,

Jim

#4 Larry F

Larry F

Vanguard

• Loc: Westchester, NY

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

I would like to put some 12-volt power connectors in the right fork, which has plenty of room for small DC/DC converters (some of my equipment is 9 volt and 7.5 volt) and various jacks (I use Mallincam and have a lot of equipment riding on the scope). But I wouldn't put so many holes in the housing unless I had a spare, and Celestron won't sell one to me. They sell the CPC base cover, but not the fork covers.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics