CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Template for CPC's Bottom Right Fork

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Koen Dierckens

Koen Dierckens

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Antwerp, Belgium

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

A while ago, member arowana posted a thread , showing how he had hidden his dew controller in the CPC fork.
I thought this was a cool idea, so when I decided I needed an anti-dew system too after too many nights with a blow-dryer in my hands, I started my own DIY anti-dew construction project.

As for me it is mandatory that every knob and connector is placed as perfect as possible, I started by making a template of the lower part of the fork where the controller fits in.
While doing so, I thought maybe other members of this forum might be interested in having the template too, so this is the reason for this post. It took me a while to make this template as good as possible, so I'll save you some time by offering mine.

Attached you'll find a pdf with 2 pages: one "blank" template, that can be used at will: just add the necessary knobs and holes for your own project. (import it into a graphical application or print it out as blank and draw on it)
The second page is the template I actually used for my project, with all the holes I wanted to make, just as an example.

If you print the template out on an A4 self-adhesive label, you can attach it to the part of the fork in question and have a protective sheet against scratches during the machining process and very precise indication where you need to drill your holes at the same time.
Drill/machine right through the template and remove the label when done...

If you happen to run into problems while printing the PDF or importing in another graphical application, I can offer it also as a MS office Powerpoint 2007 file (.pptx), where you should be able to edit it and print it with the correct dimensions. Just let me know.

Clear skies!

Attached Files

#2 celtictexan

celtictexan

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Amarillo Texas

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Very nice work. Looks pro all the way.

#3 HeyJP

HeyJP

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Boulder, CO

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Koen,

Well, are you gonna show us a photo of the final product? Tell us about the functionality and knob functions.

Curious,

Jim

#4 Larry F

Larry F

Vanguard

• Loc: Westchester, NY

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

I would like to put some 12-volt power connectors in the right fork, which has plenty of room for small DC/DC converters (some of my equipment is 9 volt and 7.5 volt) and various jacks (I use Mallincam and have a lot of equipment riding on the scope). But I wouldn't put so many holes in the housing unless I had a spare, and Celestron won't sell one to me. They sell the CPC base cover, but not the fork covers.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics