CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Wickenburg, AZ Public Star Party

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jwemes

Jwemes

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Saturday, December 4, there will be a public star party in Wickenburg. The location is new--Sophie's Flat trailhead. Directions? Take Constellation road beyond the rodeo grounds to the "Y". Take the left fork 1.4 miles to the trailhead. Distance beyond the rodeo grounds-3.5 miles. The first mile is paved. The balance is well graded. Directional signs will be up by afternoon. There is a NEW, BLM outhouse on site!!

#2 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

My weekend ended up getting filled up with prescheduled stuff (and the bones are still recovering from the unseasonably cold weather - what a wimp!) so I can't make it this time but hope to get out there next time.

For the folks that make it; how about a report back on it? :jump:

#3 Jwemes

Jwemes

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hi Ron,
Unfortunately, the clouds were relentless. Sky was 0 out of 10. We'll try again in ~30 days. Look for a posting. Happy Holidays to All!

#4 skyward_eyes

skyward_eyes

Vendor - Sky-Watcher USA

• Vendors

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

Im hoping to make the next one. I really enjoy this event and getting my 16" out to dark skies is always a treat. In the next few days though I will known if something bigger will be coming! wink wink :D

#5 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

See if you can give us a week or two heads up so I don't forget and schedule something else. :jump:

#6 ArizonaScott

ArizonaScott

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'd like to join in on the next one so keep us posted!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics