I need help with polar alignment
Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:48 PM
Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:37 PM
Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:49 PM
Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:09 PM
Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:23 AM
Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:28 AM
Speak for yourself, Jim.
Whatever that means. It was originally posted in reflectors and I suggested it be moved here.
Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:38 PM
Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:33 PM
1) Point the star leg north.
2) Level the mount with a little string bubble level east-west and north-south by adjusting the legs.
3) Looking thru the finder I adjust the fine azimuth and latitude handles until Polaris is fairly centered in the finder and eyepiece.
4) Do a 2-star alignment on 2 stars in the area of the sky that I'll be looking at for starters. Synch on both stars.
5) Tool around that part of the sky.
6) Go to a star or 2 in my next region and synch on those.
7) Repeat 4-6
You will also have to sometimes train and calibrate the drives as well.
Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:22 PM