CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vibration pads

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dewdney

Dewdney

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Picked up a heq5 pro and it will be my mount for a TEC 140. Are a set of vibration pads of any value to help dampen or would you have other suggestions. This was the best mount ( at least for me) I could get with the resources I had avaiable but realize it will have limitations that will eventually require an upgrade but so goes life. This is for visual only. I desired the scope more then a top line mount at this time

Thank you for your advice in advance

Thank you

#2 Asimov

Asimov

Skylab

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

They worked 110% for my situation, but my situation was unique - I have the problem of 'drumming sand' Our whole township is built on sand very close to the ocean, & every time a car drives past our house on the closest road (which is at least 120 ft from the house) I could see the vibes created through the EP. As for imaging, it totally destroyed any images. The pads killed the problem stone cold dead. :bow:

#3 Dewdney

Dewdney

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

Thank you. Wish I had your weather about now

#4 Asimov

Asimov

Skylab

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thank you. Wish I had your weather about now

No you don't lol - I haven't had a clear night in over 3 months, due to me being in the tropics in Australia :help:

#5 Dewdney

Dewdney

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Well I could send you the 2 metres high of snow on my front or back lawn. Even when nice weather sort of hard setting up the rig

#6 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

I use them on all my mounts. Even the CGE. OF course the big mounts squish the sorbathane out, but they sure do help reduce vibration!

Highly recommended.

#7 Dewdney

Dewdney

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

Thanks will pick some up really won't add much cost to the overall set up ha ha

#8 Asimov

Asimov

Skylab

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I use them on all my mounts. Even the CGE. OF course the big mounts squish the sorbathane out, but they sure do help reduce vibration!

Highly recommended.

Well, I have imaged in snow when I lived in the States for a period (VA) but not 2M of the stuff! :shocked:

You can keep it :lol:

EDIT: Woops! I quoted the wrong post :foreheadslap: However I'm sure you guys will work it out :p

#9 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

Highly recommended.

:lol: Boy, do I know what you're talking about. I set my first CGE/C11 on a set and yikes! Did not do them well. :ohgeeze: However, they are terrific for an Atlas and below. They do work as advertised.

David

#10 Asimov

Asimov

Skylab

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

It's a pity they don't make vibration pads with varying densities of sorbathane, with varying weights of different setups in mind..

#11 Phil Wheeler

Phil Wheeler

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Definitely worth using. I have two sets of Celestron vibration pads and really see the difference visually when using them.

#12 russell23

russell23

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Dittos to what everyone has said. I use a pair of celestron antivibration pads and they work extremely well. I can definitely see the difference when I use them vs. when I don't use them.

Dave

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics