CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Replacement legs for LXD55

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Loki1972

Loki1972

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Anyone know a source for 1.75" or 2" steel tube legs that will work on a LXD55 mount?

Would really like to replace the extruded aluminum legs it came with.

I know of GTO's wood legs, and will go with them if there's no other option, but would prefer steel tube legs.

#2 Eddgie

Eddgie

Hubble

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

The legs off of the newer CG5 or LXD-75 I don't think will work. The hub design is a bit different (not positive on the LXD-75, but I THINK it is different thant the LXD-55 attachment too).

So, you would need a complete tripod including the spreader and the hub at the top.

I don't think you can replace ONLY the legs in this case. Just need to find a complete tripod.

#3 bardo

bardo

Viking 1

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:46 AM

clearview optics sells whole steel tube tripods.

#4 K_van

K_van

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

clearview optics sells whole steel tube tripods.

Hi dont know if this helps but I have the ST3A tripod with my eq5 mount and find it quite stable. Another alternative might be a wood surveyors tripod but would require some work to adapt it. There are several good threads here regarding this. I just picked up the Secco 5220-10-ORG at
chief supply but have not yet mounted my cg-4 to it. The price seemed quite reasonable and all fitting appear to be steel not plastic.
http://www.chiefsupp...eco/5220-10-ORG

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics