Voyager Extension

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 meteorite

meteorite

Viking 1

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:23 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am considering purchasing the 8 inch extension for my Voyager mount. I have an AT 72 mounted on my voyager. Has anyone purchased the extension? If so, Do you like it? Have you encountered any prolems? Thanks.

-Walter

#2 Wayne W.

Wayne W.

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Woodland Park N.J.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

I have the extension on my Voyager along with the eyepiece caddy. I would recommend both. I'm using a Stellarvue 80mm on it and it not only allows the scope more room to clear the tripod legs but it raises the scope a bit for viewing standing up.

Wayne

#3 meteorite

meteorite

Viking 1

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hello Wayne,

Great! That is what i wanted to hear. It attached with no problems? I have the eyepiece trey as well and love it.

-Walt

#4 marked

marked

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Silverthorne, CO

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

Walter,

I also have the extension and eyepiece caddy with a TV102. With the length of my OTA it is helpful, plus I don't have to lean over so much when observing near the zenith. The quality/value of these two pieces seems good to me.

Ed

Posted Image

#5 dscarpa

dscarpa

Gemini

• Loc: San Diego Ca.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

I got the extension for my Voyager and a Vixen eyepiece tray that locks the legs. The extension worked very well with my Lunt 60 on it, I was able to get it high enough that I didn't need to have the arm in the upright position which made it more comforable to use. With my WO ZS110-18 lbs without eyepiece-on it the mount damped ok but was way too tippy. I ended up putting my Voyager on a Oberwerk tripod and it now works very well with my ZS on it. The extension on the Oberwerk didn't work well. I had too keep the legs too short when using it and it was top heavy with my ZS. The Voyager with stock tripod and extension should work fine with your scope David

#6 JimmyMac

JimmyMac

Vostok 1

• Loc: North Carolina

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Would the Orion 16" extension work on this as well?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics