• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 buc240

buc240

Vendor: Astrotroniks LLC

• Vendors
  • Loc: Burlington county, NJ

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

As an update, pertaining to the word "hypertune" originally we did not particularly want to use that name to describe our services but decided to refer to it loosely as it is a term that's been around for a while back to when the LXD mounts were popular long before trademark rights were placed on it. Much like people refer to mp3 players as ipods even if they are zune branded etc. Essentially we could call or refer to our services under any variation of tune and I think most would follow. In an attempt to be professional we have decided to not use the term "hypertune" to brand or directly refer to Astrotroniks services of mount tuning and instead will call our services "performance tuning" our price lists have beenupdatedto reflect this. This is a new term to this field but I think its name is self explanatory, and potentially identifying. We trust that all will be understanding and hopefully overwhelmingly accepting of the name.
We have asked moderation to remove our previous thread since the thread title could not be replaced individually .
Please pm David Rosenthal or myself for more information and a price guide.

Mounts currently being serviced,
Orion Atlas EQ, EQ/G , Sirius EQ EQ/G, Sky View Pro goto/dual drive
Skywatcher, HEQ, EQ/5, EQ/6
Meade, LX series, LXD series
Celestron, CG/5 , CGEM
Among others, don't see your mount listed? Please inquire with your specific mount for details.
We have 2 East Coast locations in New Jersey , for quick turnarounds, this translates to cheaper shipping and less downtime if your located east of the Mississippi!
Astrotroniks strives hard to provide our customers the best experience possible, with results that are certain to satisfy even the most critical customers.

#2 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

• Loc: NJ

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

We apologize for our previous thread being removed from this board. In an attempt to have the word "HyperTune" removed from the title, the thread was inadvertantly deleted.

Please feel free to PM either Jason of Myself to have detailed information about our services emailed to you.

Thanks & Clear Skies!

#3 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

quote from "dvb"

Best of luck with the new enterprise!

#4 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

quote from "hfjacinto"

David,

Do you also perform updates on the LXD 75 and the CGEM?

We can currently perform services on LXD-75, LXD-55, Atlas-EQ-G, Sirius EQ-G, (EQ-6, EQ-5), and SkyView Pro mounts. The CGEM we currently do not offer as we have not worked with that mount yet. Unless you are willing to be the first one !

EDIT: Allow me to clarify. I have no doubt in our ability to perform the service on the CGEM. I just wanted to be up front in the fact that we do not have parts in stock and have not delivered one to a customer yet. Contact us off board to discuss the CGEM further.

#5 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

quote from "buc240"

Hi, some of you are probably already familiar with David and myself from the dslr and ccd boards, to follow up on the mount tuning yes both the 75 and 55 lxd mounts are offered, I have developed a technique in the tuning of them that has allowed some impressive imaging characteristics from them, in fact I still use my tuned 75 for visual and widefield use and routinely with an accurate PA, achieve 3 minute unguided exposures up to around 500mm. Many people have bashed the lxd mounts from an imaging perspective which isn't fair since they can be made to perform admirably. Please feel free to contact either David or myself, for further info on our tuning services, we will also in the future be offering other upgrades for these mounts and mostly the EQ/G /6 as well as interfaces and DC dslr power supplies, among many other common AP accessories thanks Jason

#6 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

quote from "templec"

We were Astrotroniks' first EQ-G hypertune customer and we couldn't be any happier with the result. The attention to detail and quality is outstanding. The Atlas is so smooth now and there is no sticky feel even at 15F! PE is much improved as well. I can wholeheartedly recommend them!
- C&T

#7 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

quote from "buc240"

Both David and myself have been working these mounts for several years, both for our own personal mounts as well as good astro friends' equipment, so we certainly would be foolish to wake up one day and decide to offer services for profit without having taken the time to develop legitimate solid experience, and knowledge pertaining to our offerings. Along with the experience also comes pioneered developments such as our special time tested hybrid lube, as well as anticipation. It was noted above (thanks for the kind words) about David's dedication, the reason David and I decided to partner on this endeavor is that I also posses a special gift/curse, a gift in that I settle for no less than perfection, with an acute attention to detail, and intricacies, and cursed in the sense that I will devote the necessary time to ensuring the customer recieves the best possible product even at a loss. David and I have also over the years assembled detailed "how to's" and special tips and tricks on not only the mounts but other equipment as well and have shared this knowledge and experience with the fellow enthusiasts locally and on the web. We pride ourselves on our work and reputation, ensuring the customer receives the best possible products and service available anywhere. You should rest easy knowing that you have chosen us to perform work on your hard earned expensive equipment. For those that are already familiar with David and I we truly appreciate the kind words and votes of confidence thank you!

#8 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

quote from "buc240"

Thank you for the kind words Brent! We are excited to finally be getting underway with everything.

I have attached an image, shot using my own personal mount, just to give an idea of the performance that can be expected out of an Astrotroniks performance tuned mount. The specs for the image are as follows, shot with a 350xt, through ED80 @f/6, on my Atlas EQ/G. This image is a single uncalibrated, and lightly stretched raw converted to jpg. The exposure length was 5 minutes, with NO autoguiding, or pec program running, just an accurate PA! This is one of the biggest advantages to performance tuning your mount, the ability to shoot at relatively short focal lengths, and exposure times, without spending the time to setup and calibrate your autoguiding, which also makes life much easier at 3am when it's time to break down your rig, especially at a remote dark site!

Attached Files

#9 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words, indeed!

#10 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

quote by "Adam E"

Nice to see you're surfing the forums

#11 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Post deleted by David Rosenthal

#12 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

quote by "Nils Lars"

I have known Jason and David for a while now and they have helped me out quite a few times along the way as I was learning this hobby and I would trust them and hope there new venture is a great success.

If an example will help here is a shot taken with a Hypertuned Atlas mount and a modded Canon 500D.

Attached Files

#13 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

We are now calling our service Performance Tuning, which in all actuality what it really is. Tuning the mount to maximize performance.

#14 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

quote by "MikeS"

"Performance Tuning" sounds just fine.
Sounds good and is more descriptive as well.

#15 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

Thanks MikeS! That's what we thought !

#16 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

We wanted to make a quick announcement and let you all know that our web site is up and running. It is complete with an eStore, full descriptions of our current offerings, current pricing and terms.

Please check it out and feel free to contact us with any questions (and orders !!!) Create a free account to receive our news letter and keep up to date with our products!

Mad props to my partner Jason (buc240) for gretting the entire site up and running in only one week!!!!! You 'da Man!

http://astrotroniks.com

Check it out !!!!!

#17 Toml08

Toml08

Explorer 1

• Loc: Evergeen, CO

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thanks to David and Astrotroiks from the beautiful dark skies of the Colorado Rookies. I wanted to let everyone know the outstanding service I received from David and Astrotroniks.David kept me up to date via email from the time the mount arrived thru the turning and when it was shipped back. Now the SVP is not my main mount but I still wanted it to perform as well as possible. In stock form I was a little disappointed with it. The mount was very tight and the movements were very rough, to the point you could see that roughest (for lack of better words)in the ep when moving the mount. Tracking even with a good setup was so so. I had the base tune performed on the mount and all can say is wow. The mount is now smooth as silk and the tracking is great. I really enjoy using this mount now and I seems smoother than my stock Sirius mount which is now at Astrotroniks getting performance turned. Based on the way my SVP works now I can't wait to get my Sirius mount back. Thanks again David.
Tom.

#18 David Rosenthal

David Rosenthal

Imager Extraordinaire

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Tom,

We are so happy to hear that you are this pleased with the Astrotroniks Performance Tuning of your SVP. It is a more than capable mount when properly adjusted. It will give you years of enjoyment.

Your Sirius mount is coming along nicely and we are thrilled that you sent us a second mount so quickly.

The fact that you chose us even though the round trip shipping costs are not cheap from Colorado really gives us a sense of pride. Just wait until you get you hands on your Sirius......you are gonna be in heaven!!!!

Thanks for the repeat business Tom!

#19 Gambol

Gambol

Lift Off

• Loc: LA, USA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

The Astrontroniks.com site has been down for some days. Is the company still in business with their great products and services?

Leonard

#20 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: North of Hwy. 64

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I had no problems connecting to their website as of 6 PM CST.

#21 MikeCatfin

MikeCatfin

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

The Astrontroniks.com site has been down for some days. Is the company still in business with their great products and services?

Leonard

I know they've been recovering from a "hack attack" but it seemed fine when I checked this a.m.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics