• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Wise

Jay Wise

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Near Williamsburg VA

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Enough is enough already!. Some one please give us a report on the Gemini 2. The tension is killing me and I need to know if I need to save up for an upgrade. :confused:

JayW

#2 astro4565

astro4565

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: UT

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'm going to start saving anyway. I need a Goto mount before I can get into CCD imaging.

Debbie

#3 dawziecat

dawziecat

Vanguard

• Loc: Rural Nova Scotia

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:01 AM

Only news is FedEx apparently tried to deliver mine yesterday despite my calling them and having arranged delivery for tomorrow. Today I was at Kennedy Space Center to watch the launch of STS 133 Discovery.

Hopefully I will get delivery of my G-11 Gemini 2 later today (Friday).

#4 rsbfoto

rsbfoto

Messenger

• -----

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Enough is enough already!. Some one please give us a report on the Gemini 2. The tension is killing me and I need to know if I need to save up for an upgrade. :confused:

JayW

Hi JayW,

If your Gemini I is working, then why would you want to update ?

I do have 3 Gemini I and have read a lot about Gemini II and for what we do the Gemini I is more then enough.

From my point of view if, as I wrote before, your Gemini is trouble free then you do not need to upgrade. There is a Gemini II Yahoo group and you can join it and read how it is progressing.

http://tech.groups.y...yguid=152801618

Do you have any problems with it ? If not keep it or if you have money spare buy a Gemini II as backup. It works with the same cables and motors as Gemini I, be it the standard motors or the Maxon motors.

I do not know which Level of firmware you have but for US $ 25.00 to 30.00 you can upgrade to the latest Level 4 v 1.05

#5 Billydee

Billydee

Viking 1

• Loc: Winter Haven, FL

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

They are shipping with about a 2 month backlog. There is not a real manual (there is a quick start one that can be downloaded) as yet and they are working on the firmware. You would really get a Beta ++ Gemini if you ordered it now. Wait a few more months and let the early delivery people report on problems they find so they can be corrected.

A must, JOIN BOTH THE GEMINI AND THE GEMINI II GROUPS ON YAHOO. They are free and Yahoo does not charge to join. My guess is that there are 2,000 posts about Gemini II and 50,000 posts on Gemini. Those will answer all your questions.

Looks like Gemini II will be a great item. It is just still under going a few corrections.

Luck, Bill

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics