• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoshH

JoshH

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Jefferson City, MO

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I am wanting in interface my Sky Commander with a Planetarium software program. I want the on screen display to follow where the telescope is pointing. I've seen this done before but I don't know how to set it up. I would like to use Starry Night as well since that is the software I have and am most familiar with.

Thanks, Josh

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

I am wanting in interface my Sky Commander with a Planetarium software program. I want the on screen display to follow where the telescope is pointing. I've seen this done before but I don't know how to set it up. I would like to use Starry Night as well since that is the software I have and am most familiar with.

Thanks, Josh

Starry night uses the ASCOM interface. You need to download and install that along with the driver for the Sky Commanders. And you will need the proper serial cable, of course.

#3 JoshH

JoshH

Messenger

• -----

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have the serial cable. I also have the ASCOM interface installed. Where do I get the drivers for the Sky Commander. I don't see it on the Sky Engineering Website. Unless it comes with the Boot Flasher software?

#4 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

I have the serial cable. I also have the ASCOM interface installed. Where do I get the drivers for the Sky Commander. I don't see it on the Sky Engineering Website. Unless it comes with the Boot Flasher software?

With the latest version of ASCOM, the driver should already be there. Just select "Sky Commander" with the ASCOM Chooser.

#5 JoshH

JoshH

Messenger

• -----

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Well I got it to work with Cartes Du Ciel, so that is progress. Starry Night says there are no telescope plugins installed. Have to work on figuring that out. Thanks!

#6 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Well I got it to work with Cartes Du Ciel, so that is progress. Starry Night says there are no telescope plugins installed. Have to work on figuring that out. Thanks!

I'm not completely sure, since, while I have a copy of SNPP, I don't use it much, but I believe in the Starry Night world "plugin" = ASCOM. If you can't solve this you might want to check in with the Starry Night Yahoogroup.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics