CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finally Full featured remote control of my Vixen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 vpcirc

vpcirc

Skylab

• ****-

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

I bit the bullet and purchased TheSkyX Serious. I was able to remotely control my Vixen SXD from the comfort of my office before with TheSky6, but with new version I can use every feature. I'm am thoroughly impressed. This version is worth every cent in my book.

#2 SPACEMAN

SPACEMAN

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

congratulations!

#3 Rossmon

Rossmon

Messenger

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

Cool, I am expecting a vixen sxd in a week or less. Any tips, greatly appreciated. Saw your other post on the mount reversal during a AP session. I won't be doing much AP now but it is a future goal.
Ross

#4 vpcirc

vpcirc

Skylab

• ****-

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

The key to this mount is the polar scope. It wasn't very clear how to set it at first, but once I understood it, I was dead on. The most accurate routine for the algorithm is 8 total stars, 2 on each side aligned in pairs. If it's polar aligned well and balanced, you can easily get by with 2-4. This website is good for info. This guy wrote the ASCOM driver.

http://enzerink.net/...tar-book-driver

#5 Rossmon

Rossmon

Messenger

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:36 AM

Thanks for the info! Yes I ran into Peters site already, said hello, what a vault of sphinx info, plus the driver! A remarkable fellow.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics