• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vpcirc

vpcirc

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Merced CA

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Does anyone know a way to get around the slew limits on Vixen Sphinx? If I am currently imaging something around Orion at 7-8:00 PM The scope will stop tracking and the message "telescope will reverse" appears on the starbook. When mounted to the tripod, the was usually important to prevent a collision. I now have my mount on a pier, and the scope is no where near making contact. It's a royal pain in the ..... as I have to recenter, recalibrate PHD, and start again.
Thanks

#2 mayidunk

mayidunk

Don't Ask...

• Moderators
  • Loc: Betwixt & Between...

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Sit down with the StarBook and go through the menu items, there is a menu selection that will allow you to reset the points at which the mount will want to reverse itself. It's not real obscure as I recall.

I apologize that I cannot give you more specific directions as the mount is packed away right now, however, as I recall (IIRC), I was able to reset the limits for this.

#3 vpcirc

vpcirc

Soyuz

• -----

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

I sure can't find it

#4 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Aurora

• Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Orion is crossing the Meridian at that time. Does your mount track past the meridian? My CGEM will only track so far pass the meridian before it stops. I'm not familiar with a Vixen Sphinx.

Stan

#5 vpcirc

vpcirc

Soyuz

• -----

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

It's doing what they call a Meridian flip. Normally that can be an issue if you're mounted on a tripod, or you have a cord wrap issue. I guess I want to change how far past it goes before it reverses.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics