CGE Hand Controller Busted?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchell Duke

Mitchell Duke

Gemini

• Loc: Georgia

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Well I took the scope out last night to try out the new cam, and focuser for the first time. I knew it was odd to have clear skies just after receiving the new gadgets. You guessed it the CGE hand controller is stuck in transmit data :( I have unplugged, and plugged in the hand controller several times, reupdated the firmware several times, and it still will not get off of the transmit data screen. Does anyone have some advice, or is the hand controller busted?

Thanks,
Mitchell

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• ****-
  • Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

If you've been through the firmware update routine and it's still in the same mode I think it's time to have a look inside the HC. You may have a bad internal connection or a bad key, both of which can sometimes be fixed by re connecting the cables (there are a couple of flat ribbon cables that can be carefully removed and reinserted). The key pad areas can be carefully cleaned as well.

#3 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Aurora

• Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

If the HC stays in 'Transmit Data' mode after you have downloaded new firmware, according to Celestron it is NG.
I have not had this happen to me, but I have seen this problem explained on the Celestron's support site.

Stan

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics