CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone ordered parts through celestron?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

I need a dec motor and its like jumping through hoops just to order anything. Any help or opinions I would really be grateful. thanks Pete :bawling: I know this is the place for answers!

#2 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

I have ordered from Celestron before.

It was not exactly straight forward, but it wasn't all that difficult either.

I had to send a note to Celestron using their Support web page telling them what I needed and where it would be shipped. It took several days to hear back from them to tell me the part number, price, and shipping.

I sent them a check to the address supplied, and about 2 weeks later, my part showed up.

That was maybe 3 years ago, so maybe they have streamlined the process, but this worked for me then, and worse case, it may work for you now.

Good luck.

#3 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

thanks Eddgie I emailed them with the part #s now the wait begins time will tell. thanks

#4 Jeff in Austin

Jeff in Austin

Surveyor 1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

I ordered an alignment peg from Celestron 2 years ago. I also used their support web page. It only took them about 2 MONTHS to reply, but eventually I did get the part.

#5 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm pretty fortunate that I have a spare mount so at least I have something to use while I waaaaaait for the parts to arrive. Does anyone know of another way besides the big C?

#6 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

I have had excellent results finding parts in the used market (the other web site).

Just post a "Wanted" add.

Many times, people have a mount that they are parting out for a variety of reasons.

I had an LXD-55 that came to me with a bad handset. The seller comped me for the price of a used handset, but in the meantime, I had already bought another CG5.

Rather than buy a handset, then repair the mount, and hassle packaging and shipping, I decided to simply part it out. I probably made money on the deal overall. Sold two motors, tripod, polar scope, and one of the worm gears (the other had a stripped hole).

So, for whatever reason, people often do part out mounts, and you might be able to find what you need.

Just post a "Wanted" add.

#7 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

For now ill wait and see if the big C gets back to Me next week if no reply ill look for a used one.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics