Photo

We are looking for a few (tons) of good people.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 MallBoy

MallBoy

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Near the Tannhauser gate

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

Thank you Jason for the work you have been doing to put this together. I'm sure that taking the time to do it right will benefit us all. Well done!

#77 Jason B

Jason B

Proud father of 5!!

• Loc: Mid-Michigan

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Thanks but it's a lot more than just me!

#78 Doc Willie

Doc Willie

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thanks but it's a lot more than just me!

Somebody must be disappointed. Should we pronounce this initiative officially dead?

#79 CollinofAlabama

CollinofAlabama

Vanguard

• Loc: Lubbock, Texas, USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Jason,

The South Plains Astronomy Club in Lubbock should be able to participate at some level. We also have a member, the Club President, who volunteers a lot of his time with Three Rivers as well (Crowell, TX being somewhat between Lubbock and Ft. Worth).

I will forward this link to some of our more active members to give them a heads up. I think the astronomy world can offer a big "hurray!" to Astronomics for sponsoring CloudyNights and this even more active outreach proposal, as it develops. Whatever the details, anything that coordinates astronomical outreach is a great idea. Sure hope S&T and Astronomy magazines are put into the mix, too. The more people who can be touched, the better. Hats off to Astronomics and all those involved in this endeavor, and I hope we CN members can rise to the occassion and help make this a success.

#80 Astrosetz

Astrosetz

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

What is the status of this? Did I miss something in another thread?

#81 Jason B

Jason B

Proud father of 5!!

• Loc: Mid-Michigan

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'll be honest, I don't know what is going on. With Astronomic's move among other big projects from the associated vendors, I am not sure sure what the next step is. I was just a volunteer to help out but it seems the major partners involved have not been as active as I have hoped. Not much direction coming from those that I talked to initially.

If everyone would start PM'ing me those that want to be added to the directory, I will take care of that and see what I can do to get things moving behind the scenes.

Thanks!

#82 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

:question:

just found this thread,
but almost 2 y/o
and nothing happening

:question: :question:

must be a good idea that died

Cloudy Nights LLC