•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

We are looking for a few (tons) of good people.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 MallBoy

MallBoy

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Near the Tannhauser gate

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

Thank you Jason for the work you have been doing to put this together. I'm sure that taking the time to do it right will benefit us all. Well done!

#77 Jason B

Jason B

Proud father of 5!!

• Loc: Mid-Michigan

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Thanks but it's a lot more than just me!

#78 Doc Willie

Doc Willie

Vanguard

• Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thanks but it's a lot more than just me!

Somebody must be disappointed. Should we pronounce this initiative officially dead?

#79 CollinofAlabama

CollinofAlabama

Vanguard

• Loc: Lubbock, Texas, USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Jason,

The South Plains Astronomy Club in Lubbock should be able to participate at some level. We also have a member, the Club President, who volunteers a lot of his time with Three Rivers as well (Crowell, TX being somewhat between Lubbock and Ft. Worth).

I will forward this link to some of our more active members to give them a heads up. I think the astronomy world can offer a big "hurray!" to Astronomics for sponsoring CloudyNights and this even more active outreach proposal, as it develops. Whatever the details, anything that coordinates astronomical outreach is a great idea. Sure hope S&T and Astronomy magazines are put into the mix, too. The more people who can be touched, the better. Hats off to Astronomics and all those involved in this endeavor, and I hope we CN members can rise to the occassion and help make this a success.

#80 Astrosetz

Astrosetz

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

What is the status of this? Did I miss something in another thread?

#81 Jason B

Jason B

Proud father of 5!!

• Loc: Mid-Michigan

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'll be honest, I don't know what is going on. With Astronomic's move among other big projects from the associated vendors, I am not sure sure what the next step is. I was just a volunteer to help out but it seems the major partners involved have not been as active as I have hoped. Not much direction coming from those that I talked to initially.

If everyone would start PM'ing me those that want to be added to the directory, I will take care of that and see what I can do to get things moving behind the scenes.

Thanks!

#82 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

:question:

just found this thread,
but almost 2 y/o
and nothing happening

:question: :question:

must be a good idea that died

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics