CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

homemade vixen mount adapter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 badaboom

badaboom

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

i just got a C6 and wanted to use it on my vixen alt/az mount. of course it was the old style and i couldnt find any great options for converting it to accept a dovetail rail. so with that in mind and scrounging threw some old scrap steel and aluminum i had on hand i found some 1" aluminum barstock. wheels started turning and this is what i came up with.
Posted Image

Posted Image

put a bar on it to make for easier movement, i may shorted it a bit. it clamps on to the dovetail rail great. i used a 1 5/8" forstner bit to hog out most of the material and a hacksaw to cut the dovetail. cant wait for a real test run now.

#2 Asimov

Asimov

Skylab

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Yep, exactly what I would have done in your position. Great work, & I like people that come up with great ideas to save themselves some money. It's not rocket science & I'm not into 'pretty' I'm into 'If it works, it's good!'

Well done.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics