• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 arpruss

arpruss

Vendor: Omega Centauri Software

• Vendors
  • Loc: Waco, TX

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

I've changed the GPS polling to once per start-up of the app. Right after starting the app will wait until it has a GPS lock and then turn GPS off to prevent further power consumption.

Maybe a better move would be to check if the GPS is on when your app starts, and then once you're done with GPS, return it to the state it was when your app started. The user might have some background app that uses GPS, after all, or might have some reason for wanting GPS to be active, no?

#27 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Amersfoort, the Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

As far as I can tell it only turns GPS off in the app, not sure whether it shut's it down completely. I'll have to dive into that some more...

#28 Ken Kobayashi

Ken Kobayashi

Ranger 4

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Good idea, that... My phone's an Atrix. Foviewer was not designed for the 540x960 qHD display, so it's a little offset. Doesn't affect me, but thought you might want to know.

And it's really small on my EEE Pad Transformer's 800x1280 screen. Works fine otherwise, though.

Is the image size fixed at 2x2 degrees, or did I miss an option to change it?

#29 cuir

cuir

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Up north.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Eee pad... :drool5:

#30 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

And it's really small on my EEE Pad Transformer's 800x1280 screen. Works fine otherwise, though.

Boy there are a lot of lucky people around here! You actaully managed to get your hands on a transformer! I've pre-ordered mine, but haven't heard an eta yet... Holland is always last :(

The previews are fixed to 2x2 degrees at the moment, that makes the various calculations much easier. As soon as I have my TF101 I'm going to see if I can make larger previews.

To be frank though, I'm not sure if I'm going to incorporate larger previews in the free version... I need features to make the full version more attractive, since only 3 people bought the full version compared to 900 who downloaded the free version... Many thanks to the 3 people who did buy the full version though, I really appreciate it! :bow:

#31 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:10 AM

A quick heads-up. The new version of FOViewer for Android is almost done!

Interesting new features;

- Zooming preview.
- Complete Messier and NGC catalogues available as preview.
- Large compass and GPS coordinates on seperate screen.
- Update systeem to keep catalogues and objects up to date.
- CCD / Camera support, will show you the FOV and calculates arcsec/pixel value.
- Bubble level to help you set up your GOTO scope or dobson.
- Moonphase function.
- Adjustable nightvision brightness using the volume up/down keys (brightness stored as setting).
- Clear Sky Clock based on 7timer using cell tower positioning system (no gps necessary).
- Local time displayed to help you set up your GOTO system.
- Exitpupil calculation.

I'm still trying to add a polarfinder type option, but I can't find a decent formula to calculate the position of Polaris in regards to celestial north. Anybody that can help me out with that?

A HD version for tablets is next, shouldn't be to much work to port the phone version :)

#32 JoseBorrero

JoseBorrero

Gemini

• Loc: Puerto Rico Island

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

It's cool, remind me CCDCalc 1.5, I downloaded like a month ago. It has to be way better cool if you can add DSLR camera field. ;)

#33 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

Many of your wishes have come true :)
You can find the new version of FOViewer, now called FOViewer Deluxe (what's in a name), in the android market. https://market.andro...1ZpZXdlckRYIl0.

Many of your wishes, including the FOV for CCD/DSLR camera's have been added!

Have fun with it and let me know what you think :)

#34 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

Nobody tried it yet? :shrug:

#35 Sarkikos

Sarkikos

Hubble

• Loc: Per sylvam ad astra

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

If you own an Android phone, I would like to invite you to try my new Android application, FOViewer. You can find it in the Android Market.

I can't find it. That URL does not work for me. Which Android version is it? Can it be used with ver. 1.5? Otherwise it won't work on my tablet.

Mike

#36 psonice

psonice

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Warrington, UK

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

It's a dead link. Try https://market.andro...arch?q=foviewer

Requires android 1.6 or higher.

#37 JoseBorrero

JoseBorrero

Gemini

• Loc: Puerto Rico Island

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

whats the difference between deluxe and deluxe HD?

Looks more complete with NGC catalog wow that's way better. Now is becomming an essential tool On The Go for observing and astrophotography. you can add announcements in DSLR astrophotography forum and other others related to observing, not everyone visit every forum. You can get more ideas in those forums.

you can add planets including our Moon, It will be hit... :D

#38 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm happy to inform you that the new version of FOViewer has gone live!

The biggest change in this version is the introduction of the sun and planets! Some of you have asked me several times if I could include them, well, there you are :) The apparent size of the solar system objects is calculated in real-time using up-to-date solar system data from a web based service.

This version also has the much requested search option, called "Find object" which can be found in the menu of the app.

I hope you will enjoy all these new features and please let me know if you have any new request!

Posted Image Posted Image

#39 weezy

weezy

Surveyor 1

• Loc: East of the sun-west of the moon

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Just downloaded and looked at it. Looks promising. What do you do about the lack of EP selections? More sizes of Wide Angles?

Also you have just generic F5 scope - I have a 120ST, but what if someone has a much larger F5? You would get more light with aperture.

#40 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

@weezy,

You can add your own telescopes and eyepieces through the "add gear" option in the menu (press menu button) :)
Depending on your phone's storage space, you can add every telecope, eyepiece or camera known to man ;)

#41 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

It is now possible to rotate the camera FOV and move the FOV around over the preview image. You are welcome my dear astrophotographers :)

#42 Bas van Krieken

Bas van Krieken

Vendor - FOViewer

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

From now on, the free version of FOViewer will no longer expire! So you can finally use it indefinitely :)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics