CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion Mount Part Replacement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 MHamburg

MHamburg

Apollo

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

HELP! I need to replace a bent front altitude bolt assembly from an Astroview mount (See photo). However, Orion will not do this for me because I bought it used from a third party. Does anyone have a good solution? Thanks for all replies.

Michael :shrug:

Attached Files

#2 gustavo_sanchez

gustavo_sanchez

Viking 1

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

This one is for the CG5 style mounts, don't know if they work for you. You can ask ScopeStuff directly.

Scope Stuff

#3 Trev

Trev

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

The bolt is just a standard sized 3/8", replace it with either one from Scopestuff or in the meantime get one from your local hardware store and use a wrench or socket to move it, but get a stainless steel one. Much stronger.

#4 darkman

darkman

Man In Black

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Mike, looks like you'll have to cut that bolt to get it out of the flange, do you have the tools to do that?

#5 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Aurora

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

This is listed in the classified section under mounts/tripods. I don't know if it's the same or not. You might ask them.

Stan

http://www.cloudynig...=&cat=21&page=1

#6 MHamburg

MHamburg

Apollo

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I will cut the old one out and replace it with one from Don Rothman. FYI, he is a great resource for hard to find parts and a good guy to deal with. Find him at:
http://astronomy-mal...o.parts.outlet/
newyearskid@webtv.net

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics