APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:41 AM

Hi Rod

to make it very clear :

we do NOT take deposits !!!

we ask for payment from buyers , after the binoculars are in my hand and after I have tested them and after they are ready for shipping. Then buyers pay and we ship

so there will be no betatesters

have a great weekend

#52 rodb

rodb

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: MD, USA,

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hi Rod

to make it very clear :

we do NOT take deposits !!!

we ask for payment from buyers , after the binoculars are in my hand and after I have tested them and after they are ready for shipping. Then buyers pay and we ship

so there will be no betatesters

have a great weekend

Thanks, Markus. Good to know. I didn't mean to impugn your professional integrity (in case you got offended by my last post), just trying as a customer to get the best quality product right out of the box.

Speaking of box ;), will there be extra sturdy shipping packaging for these APOs more than your normal shipping, considering their extra expense? Along these lines, will these APOs be more sensitive to collimation issues, i.e., can be more easily knocked out of alignment that non APOs? Maybe not, but just wondering. I know you said easy user collimation will be built in, which is great. Would these adjustments be truly simple even for someone who has never done anything like this before?

Will there be an American vendor/servicer for these new APOs?

Sorry for all these questions. I'm a detail person (wrote technical manuals for field meteorologists to use as part of my job), so just trying to get as much info as possible for this potential major purchase, especially since it'll be shipped from overseas.

Regards, Rod

#53 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:05 AM

Hi Rod

the binoculars are packed in a nice padet case. The padet case is sorounded by nice styrophom, then packed in a nice strong carton.
About sensitivy of collimation, I can speak only after I have had testing sample and made some tests.
I have a PDF file showing the rough drawing, but I believe here we cannot upload pdf, right ?
you have 2 removable covers at the rear binoside , aside of the eyepiece holder. This you remove and now while you observe you tweak the colimation, its priciple similar working as binocular telescopes from Binoptic, Hutech and others, supereasy even for zero experienced people.
Our service place is Luntoptical in Arizona

#54 rodb

rodb

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi, Markus,

Thanks very much for your quick and informative replies (and for the separate e-mails).

In "tweaking" the collimation, is it just turning some screws that are revealed inside the eyepiece covers?

Thanks again, Rod

#55 Jayo

Jayo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Quebec City

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

I want one too...IF...it is built right, built tough like a KOWA. I bought two 100's from two big name dealers claiming multiple inspection. BS ! Both arrived with prisms misaligned. I couldn't merge both images. I lost my money on the customs, and Can sales taxes...and had to pay to ship them back. Both ordeals cost me 100's of dollars...a waste of my hard-earned money. Optics mean nothing if the mechanics don't hold up. If Markus can come up with a mechanically solid platform like that of KOWA, then I'm in. If not, he should let us know. I don't want to be scammed anymore by cheap Chinese mechanicals from dealers tooting their multiple point inspection. What a rip-off experience.

#56 Vondragonnoggin

Vondragonnoggin

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Southern CA, USA

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

Just my two cents here, but I don't think you can get Kowa build quality unless you pay Kowa prices. I think these new ones coming are going to be substantially less money than a prominar Highlander and if you rack up extra ep's for the highlander, there just is no price comparing. Something neat in the binocular forum is a nice shootout with the Kowa Highlander prominar and the APM 100 ED semi-apo. here is a difference of some $4000.00 in product, yet the APM did very well. These new ones will be a step up from those it sounds like.

#57 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

The Kowa using a expensive Calcium Fluorite design with a polished quality as you see in a takahashi doublet.Far to good for a binocular. I have never ever seen such quality in any binocular, no matter how expensive and from what company it was made. Such level we can offer only with Binoptic binoculars, who makes a 80/500 doublet and 102 mm F/500 doublet ED-Apo Binocular. The 100 mm is even cheap, around 2500 Euro only.
My strict requirements to this new apo binocular is a usefull power up to about 150 x , a good 100% illuminated FOV ( which is also done )and if ever needet supereasy customers alignment , which is already done in the new design.
The new 100 mm Apo is made by a diffrent factory where we have muchz more influence and a much better quality controle, then on present binocular factorys. In fact it is not even build by a binocular factory, but at a telescope factory.
So we have the chance to tweak it until we are all happy :-)

#58 rodb

rodb

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hi, Markus,

It sounds like you are doing everything possible to bring a new level of "affordable" BT to market. It appears your potential customers can (hopefully) expect terrific design, quality control and your rigorous testing before shipment of each BT. I'm all ears/eyes on the final product's stats, price and performance. Any preliminary info you can provide before finalizing is also highly appreciated, especially weight and size, among the other characteristics. This will go along way, I think, in generating real buying interest for some of us.

I know it's along way off before these APO BTs are available, but people like me love to be "teased" along the way with any info you care to provide.

Regards, Rod

#59 Jayo

Jayo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Quebec City

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hi Markus
How is the design coming along ?

#60 FlanaganV

FlanaganV

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Spain

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hi all, newcomer to CN and to this thread. Very, very interested in this project, Markus, any Update?

It would be a great gift for Christmas!!

#61 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

no update yet, if we would work such super slow, as they do, my business would be closed 20 years ago :-(

#62 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

during my visit in China last week, I also have had a meeting with the 100 mm Apo-Binocular maker. They still working on some details how to make it most stable against misscollimation and the new idea is excactly what I was waiting for.

the actual forecast for release of this new Apo Binocular is around end of the year 2012

#63 Garfield

Garfield

Mariner 2

• Loc: South-Western ON Canada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

the actual forecast for release of this new Apo Binocular is around end of the year 2012

Hi Markus;

Any further news?

Tx.
Gary

#64 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

some weeks ago I got the info, end of the year is still realistic

#65 Garfield

Garfield

Mariner 2

• Loc: South-Western ON Canada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Great news Markus...thanks!
G.

#66 Vondragonnoggin

Vondragonnoggin

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Still hoping for this one....

I will keep following your posts. Great job on the 6" ED scope too. That one didn't appeal to me at first when F/8 was decided, hoping for shorter, but after looking at specs and weight, that is an amazing offering.

Hoping this apo bino will deal with up to 80x power without too much collimation issues. I think normal use at 22x - 50x should make for hours and hours of enjoyment in a night.

#67 Vondragonnoggin

Vondragonnoggin

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Any updates on predicted price? Still going to offer 90 degree model?

#68 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

the 100 mm Apo Binoculars will come straight, 45° and 90°, and designed to handle power up to 150 x ...but still working on them

#69 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

new info this morning from my manufacturer:

Some of molds already finished, some of optical parts are ready also, but we still have some of parts are making, if moving well, final sample will be ready at the end of February or March.

Markus, binoculars project is much difficult than telescope, which need spend time for tooling, especially die cast tooling.

#70 SweenyTodd

SweenyTodd

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hi Markus, do you have an update on this bino? thanks

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics