Photo

New mount from Germany

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 skybsd

skybsd

Skylab

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Skybsd, not that I am in the market for this mount (at least for the time being) but out of curiosity, what are the drawbacks of the Pulsar controller?

From what I recall, the common theme from each of the three fmr G41|42 owners expressed disappointment that the software was not stable and was often inconsistent in operation..,

In the end, I think they each underestimated the baggage that came with a new system that was (at the time) under pretty frequent changes and updates.,

Regards,

skybsd

#27 Bill Dean

Bill Dean

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Encinitas, CA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hi Tapio,

A completely different company, Gemini Telescope Design, makes the G41/42 mounts. Thanks for the information on the G53F. I'm very excited to learn more.

I have two older G-41s that have literally been around the world several times over the last 7 or so years. One was severely damaged returning from China a few years ago and is waiting for me to install a new shaft coupler while the other is set up in the back yard. They've served very well indeed. I've yet to see better tracking from any "conventional" mount to date.

Clear skies,
Bill

Gemini making mounts ?
Thought they making just the electronics.
Any info on this G53 ?
And strange to advertise PE in XX minutes.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics