• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Boston MA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

Anyone using this product from TPI Astro in Canada...I'm mounting 37 pounds on my CGEM and anything that will stiffen up the tripod could be a good thing...your considered opinions will be appreciated.

#2 Toml08

Toml08

Explorer 1

• Loc: Evergeen, CO

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hello Jeff,

I use the TPI spreader and the tray on all of my mounts and love it. Where it really shines in when I have the legs extended. I purchased one at first and set two of my EQ6s up with about the same wieght side my side and it was night and day. I was sold after that and now have them on both my EQ6s,Atlas and Sirius mounts. I swear I was not paid to say that.LOL Hope that helps some.
Clear Skies,
Tom.

Posted Image

#3 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Tom;
Thank you for your comments, it was most appreciated. Based on your glowing review I purchased one this afternoon (and no I don't believe you were paid for your comments)... I've purchased several aftermarket products that were great additions to my scope collection and improved performance drastically.

#4 kvcook

kvcook

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Jeff - Just got my TPI spreader a couple weeks ago from Dave Yates, and am very pleased with it. I have a CGEM that seems sturdy with an SV105 mounted, but not quite sturdy enough with my AP130 (probably 20lbs with rings, dovetail, etc.). The TPI stiffened up the tripod nicely, and the mount has been behaving properly lately. Highly recommended. Kevin

#5 mak7

mak7

Messenger

• Loc: light polluted Phoenix AZ

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

Another solid yes vote for the TPI spreader on my CGEM. I could originally flex the mount head side to side with my bare hands, now with the spreader in place and my 12 V deep cycle on the spreader for weight, IT IS ROCK SOLID. It tremendously increased my stability and I believe the capacity of the mount as well.
Buy it !!!!
Brad

Attached Files

#6 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

EVERYBODY;

THANK YOU so much for your comments...this is where these forums shine...all your opinions made this purchase very easy...when otherwise I would have conflicted. Thank you all so much.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics