• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nitsky

nitsky

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Cologne,New jersey

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

I'm still trying to get the hang of this computer thing, so as I practice with the help of my new son-in-law getting pictures posted, please hummer me as I've not yet begun work 'cleaning up' my old sketches, they're still the original out of my old sketch books. Thankyou for your' pattients."Probably not spelled right...another thing that needs work!"
Posted Image
Fingers crossed, :p
Clearskys,
Dave

#2 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Very nice captures, I like the fact that you seem to have captured them in a procession on two pages (?).

#3 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

I like the layout and the script - nice work.

Pete

#4 nitsky

nitsky

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for your' pattients as I get the hang of the computer thing. It's frustrating, but I think I have the whole 'posting of images' thing down pat. Now I can concentrate on cleaning up my sketches I'll be posting.
Yes Jay, I seem to recall the sketch was one of my first ventures into the virgo/coma cluster, and I was trying to make a flowchart of my way through the tangle of faint fuzzys...it too got easier with time, and practice. It's also the only one I ever did like that, realy felt ambitious that night.
Thankyou Pete, I know it's kinda tough to 'complement' a sketch when you can hardly make it out, so thankyou for your' gracious aprasial. This will be one of my first sketches I'll be trying to clean up, and rescan, I kinda like it as a roadmap through the cluster.Where I started from kinda.
Clearskys, and many of them,
and again thanks for all the pattients,
Dave

#5 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:48 AM

Dave,

Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Sketching Forum. Your observations of the Coma/Virgo Cluster of galaxies are excellent. You have captured the appearance of these galaxies very nicely using your 16" Lightbridge. Thank you for sharing them with us all.

Carlos

#6 nitsky

nitsky

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Thankyou Carlos, and that's deffinately how I've felt ever since my first posting here....WELCOMED!
Clearskys,
Dave

#7 Jef De Wit

Jef De Wit

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hove, Belgium

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Original way of presenting the galaxies! But one day I would like to see the sketches separate.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics