• Please log in to reply
705 replies to this topic

#701 astroobserver99

astroobserver99

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Victoria, Australia

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for the ASCOM Driver. I am using it with Nebulosity 3 and PVCam. I can specify the temp set point, binning, as well as exposures etc. Nebulosity functions behave normally so far. I have not been able to set the Quantix Gain within Nebulosity though, which is a rather important setting. Any chance of getting this feature?

#702 hjd1964

hjd1964

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Glad to hear that it worked for you. I'm guessing that Nebulosity doesn't support the ASCOM gain feature? I can add gain selection to the Setup dialog so you can go in and change it from there. Give me a couple of weeks, my camera is at my observatory across the state.

EDIT: I just got done adding gain support in the setup dialog for my ASCOM Lumenera camera driver, which actually queries the camera driver for the gain range. This should be even easier. :)

#703 hjd1964

hjd1964

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Also... I'm finally getting to the point where I can really image. I still need to work on my collimation, but I have the camera attached and the MPCC coma corrector in the imaging train of my 10" F4 Newtonian. This image is composed four 45 second frames. Clouds were rolling in and the other 6 of the 10 images I took were totally washed out. Just scratching the surface of what the camera can do:

Posted Image

#704 YanLou

YanLou

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Paris

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased a Quantix camera from the eBay retailer you know, but I have been unable to make it work. I think it's because there is no driver for the PCI board and my OS (W7 pro 64 bits). Am I right or not ? Is there any solution ?

Which is the latest OS compatible with this "old" board, and which is the suitable PVCAM version ? I'm considering using an old industrial PC and building a 12V powered switching supply to use the camera on the field.

#705 hjd1964

hjd1964

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased a Quantix camera from the eBay retailer you know, but I have been unable to make it work. I think it's because there is no driver for the PCI board and my OS (W7 pro 64 bits). Am I right or not ? Is there any solution ?

Which is the latest OS compatible with this "old" board, and which is the suitable PVCAM version ? I'm considering using an old industrial PC and building a 12V powered switching supply to use the camera on the field.

That is correct, 64bit Windows 7 and any Windows 8 will not work AFIK (but I didn't try.)  Windows 7 32bit works fine for me, I use PVCAM2.791 with it.  Remember to run RSConfig too! 

I had the same situation, was running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and had to reinstall everything... lucky the key was valid for 64bit or 32bit and it's just a matter of getting the correct media to install from.

#706 YanLou

YanLou

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Paris

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

Thanks. I'll have to try with another computer. I tried on my W7-64 desktop system only for testing purpose, I will not switch to 32 bits with my 12 Go RAM...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics