•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Would you buy a Skywatcher SkyTee 2 if available ?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Greenfield, Indiana, USA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

After reading through this thread I've searched high and low looking for any distributors that have these in stock. No luck! Canadian telescope had the Duo-T at one point, but appear not to sell them anymore. Have they dropped off the market due to problems with the mounts or lack of demand? Figures I come late to the party on mount that would be perfect for my needs!
Btw Joh, awesome job on mod-ing up yours!

Don't know why Canadian Telescope stopped selling their version of the mount but I doubt that it was because of problems with it. I had a SkyTee II and loved it. If you can fInd one buy it. Don't know what shipping would be from Europe, that may make it prohibitively expensive. For about $400 without the tripod it was a great buy.

Mike

#77 MLB

MLB

Lift Off

• Loc: NOVA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Mike,
I posted a "Wanted" in the classifieds, watch and wait I guess. I agree, haven't really seen bad postings on them. I have family that travels to Europe fairly frequently, I suppose just the mount would fit in a carry on bag. We'll see which one pans out first.......

#78 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Greenfield, Indiana, USA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

The mount would fit easily in a carry on bag but is on the heavy side. About 15 to 20 pounds as I remember. It fits nicely on a CG5 tripod and uses the same size counterweight. Good luck finding one.

#79 jrbarnett

jrbarnett

Eyepiece Hooligan

• Loc: Petaluma, CA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

"Would you buy a Skywatcher SkyTee 2 if available ? If available in the USA that is...."

Nah.

There's no shortage of good alt-az mounts available in the USA. Desert Sky Astro, Disc Mounts, Half Hitch, T-Rex, UA, etc.

CT sold a similar Chinese import called the Duo T for awhile, too.

http://www.cloudynig...wflat.php/Cat/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11/Number/5137585/Main/5135042

Not sure why they dropped it, but I believe it was in the $450 range.

Regards,

Jim

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics