327 replies to this topic

#326 frebie

frebie

Chief assistant to the assistant chief

• -----
  • Administrators
  • Loc: Neither here nor there.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

It's hard to tell from here at normal eyeball level, but we now have 90 scopes set up, with close to another three dozen yet to come.

For example, you can't see the two rows of starter scopes (35 in all) set up against far wall behind the bigger Explore Scientific and Meade scopes in the left foreground, or all the TeleVue refractors on Gibraltar, Panoramic, and TelePod mounts behind the big Celestron equatorials, NexStars, SkyWatcher Dobs, and iOptron mounts and scopes on the right. The nice part is we don't just display them. We stock them to take home with you.

Yet to come, when we can get the carpenters back in here, the eyepiece wall with well over 200 eyepieces on display. Plus the binocular and spotting scope displays, the microscopes, meteorites, and more.

We'll do a video walk-through and post it on CN when we get the eyepiece wall up and a few dozen more scopes set up.

Attached Files

#327 astroRoy

astroRoy

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southern Oregon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Man it is ALL beautiful - everything except those ugly Meade flat-blue scopes. What were they thinking? I am very impressed by it all, and I for one truly appreciate your taking us by the hand and showing us the process.

Thank You,

Roy

#328 MikeBOKC

MikeBOKC

Aurora

• Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

I was down there last week to pick up some hardware and, as I posted on another thread, it's a good thing they did not put in carpet as the drool factor is immense.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics