Photo

Bushnell 10x42 Legend Ultra HD (Realtree Camo)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier Biot

Olivier Biot

Amused

• Loc: 51°N (Belgium)

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Bushnell 10x42 Legend Ultra HD (Realtree Camo)

By Scott Beith.

#2 MDavid

MDavid

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: 29°N (Texas)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for posting this review it's exactly what I was looking for...I was at my local Academy Sports store the other day with the family and decided to peak through a pair of Ziess Victory 10x42 for fun. The guy working the counter was nice enough so I went ahead and asked him to pull out a pair of Nikon, Leupold, & Bushnell with similar mag. an apertures...The Nikons seemed to be to narrow (APOV) and slightly dimmer, the Leupolds had lots of chromatic aberration (easily seen when pointed at the stores fluorescents), but the first thing I noticed about the Bushnell was the similar violet tinted coating as the Ziess. Now, I know this does really mean anything but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. What surprised me was that looking through the Bushnell was the closest match to the image provided by the Ziess! Now, we all know that binos aren’t horseshoes or hand grenades BUT at $250 vs $2300 I think I could live with a short-term “geosynchronous” pair of Bushnells. To my eyes the Ziess image was excellent edge to edge (85% on the Bushnell) and the image was slightly brighter and more crisp which I believe to be function of the Zeiss coatings.
I am wondering if anybody else has been able to compare the two under dark skies (please don’t stone me for asking)?

#3 Scott Beith

Scott Beith

SRF

• Administrators
  • Loc: Frederick, MD

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

The Bushnells continue to impress me. I am very happy with my choice.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics