CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Zeiss Telementor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier Biot

Olivier Biot

Amused

• topic starter

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Zeiss Telementor

By PJ Anway.

#2 Mr Onions

Mr Onions

Two Time International Photographical Competition Winner

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Brilliant article and wonderful photos.
When I was thinking about perchasing my TV Oracle 3 from Osborne Optics back in 1988 they had the Telementor for sale as a lower cost alternative to the TV scopes.
Lower cost but obviously by your observations a wonderful performer.

Great article.

#3 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Great article and wonderful pictures, PJ!! Thanks!

#4 astroneil

astroneil

Vanguard

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

PJ,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your article. I am very fond of this little Zeiss. I have only had the pleasure of looking through one and I can vouch for the nice contrasty views.

Regards,

Neil. ;)

#5 7331Peg

7331Peg

Sirius Observer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

Fantastic write-up and photos!

I have one of these little devils, but have no idea where it fits into the classification scheme. It has the extended tube/hood, both aiming sights are part of the tube, and it still has the original Zeiss dovetail. It came with a two inch Wyorock focuser installed on it, so I have no idea what the original focuser was.

At any rate, the views are very crisp and have a definite snap to them -- color is not an issue at all. You notice immediately that there is something just a little bit different about the view in these things.

John :refractor:

#6 ploughc

ploughc

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

Nice review PJ, I have the Telementor 2 and it is a great
little scope. On double stars it is wonderful.
Pat

#7 Mark9473

Mark9473

Cosmos

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

PJ, that's an excellent and beautifully illustrated article you wrote - almost makes me want to own one of these.

One question though, how did you come to own five of them? Did the first four not measure up?

#8 Ed Holland

Ed Holland

Aurora

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

I have just read, and really enjoyed this article. Having seen references to, but never seen this telescope design in person or properly described it was a pleasure to learn more about its inception and design revisions.

Thank you

Ed

#9 PJ Anway

PJ Anway

Double-Star Observer

• Moderators

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi guys. I have been away at GLSG (Great Lakes Star Gaze) for a few days and didn't know that they had posted the article.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

PJ, that's an excellent and beautifully illustrated article you wrote - almost makes me want to own one of these.

One question though, how did you come to own five of them? Did the first four not measure up?

Mark

Mark: The first two I owned were custom OTA's with the Telementor lens and cell, the next two were Telementor-II's and the last one is a Telementor-I. All had excellent optics. The reason for selling and buying was to improve in originality or condition only. The Telementor-I that I have now is in like new condition and I also like the style (looks) of the Telementor-I over over that the Telementor -II, but it is only a personal preference, YMMV.

#10 Napersky

Napersky

Vanguard

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

Article well done with great layout and photos!

Couldn't have been better.

#11 UmaDog

UmaDog

Vanguard

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

Nice!

#12 Gary BEAL

Gary BEAL

Surveyor 1

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

Nice informative article PJ. I'm still having a ball with the AS63/840, a truly wonderful scope.
Gary

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics