how can I use firecapture astronomy software

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

how can I use firecapture astronomy software. I know how to make the Jupiter appear in the camera but I don't know how to make the clouds of Jupiter appear, please help.

I deleted the old topic

#2 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

I just found out how to do this an easy way, you have to buy amcap thought but works great, no corrupt files on test.avi blank, I will test it out when conditions are good , right now to much clouds

here is the guide
http://starizona.com...age_webcam.aspx

I think program firecapture astronomy software has to many bugs

#3 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

I just made a video of the clock in the kithcen using my telescope and ccd camera and the software amcap and the guide work perfectly, framerate for planets have to be 10, and you have to do some tweaks, using the guide, best so far I found

#4 michael hester

michael hester

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Clouds in Jupiter are actually the result of wavelet processing in Registax or some similar program rather than firecapture. What firecapture does is give you an easy interface to capture raw AVI files with. You don't want to compress those AVI files at all as most codecs destroy planet data. The best images I see of Jupiter from my friends are taken with a DSLR using Images Plus to do live frame captures and are done on a C9.25 with a barlow lens. Even still before the image is processed it looks way blurry.

#5 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

where can I buy C9.25 barlow lens for Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS? Telescope is Meade ETX LS 6, yeah it doesn't look great the image when I captured with webcam. My Canon doesn't have video recording by the way. Would make photographing planetary much easier

I am going away for few days Upnorth

#6 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

back now, so where can i buy this barlow lens. The models are on top of this reply

#7 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I figured out what to buy :)
http://www.optcorp.c...ct.aspx?pid=192

Here is picture of Jupiter, don't have the televu powermate yet, but my Canon cought the Jupiter

Attached Files

#8 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

I already have ordered the televue powermate adapter 2x, and the t-ring, now I have to wait 3 weeks until it comes in, darn waiting period, until then I practice without the adapter cause Jupiter came out nice

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics