CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ATN Aries MK 390 Paladin Night Vision Rifle Scope

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier Biot

Olivier Biot

Amused

• Loc: 51°N (Belgium)

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

ATN Aries MK 390 Paladin Night Vision Rifle Scope Review

By Ed Moreno.

#2 langejcarl

langejcarl

Mariner 2

• Loc: Michigan USA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

The You Tube link says that the video was removed.

#3 Jeff Morgan

Jeff Morgan

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Prescott, AZ

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

I think most of us have developed our low light vision and are pretty comfortable operating that way. However, taking guests out observing is another matter. So from time to time I have thought about picking up a ND device.

So one day I see one on the classifieds at that other site, and went to the manufacturers web site. They had a video which I showed to my girlfriend, who would be the primary user. The video showed a sweeping view into a nearby tree line. Then a pair of eyes is staring back - then multiple sets of eyes - which eventually resolve into javelinas.

Her reaction was quite amusing - NO WAY! She doesn't want to know there are critters out there watching her! So, I've dropped the ND idea for now.

#4 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I've occasionally thought something like this might be fun and useful...I'm always held back by two things: The screens on these things do a fine job of extinguishing your night vision, and, that being the case, a million candle spotlight will show you anything you need to see without spending C notes.

#5 gatorengineer

gatorengineer

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hellertown, PA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Wondering if you could try and hold it up to the eyepiece and see what you get Afocally..... It may work... Just a thought...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics