Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

ATN Aries MK 390 Paladin Night Vision Rifle Scope Review

By Ed Moreno.

#2 langejcarl

langejcarl

Mariner 2

• Loc: Michigan USA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

The You Tube link says that the video was removed.

#3 Jeff Morgan

Jeff Morgan

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Prescott, AZ

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

I think most of us have developed our low light vision and are pretty comfortable operating that way. However, taking guests out observing is another matter. So from time to time I have thought about picking up a ND device.

So one day I see one on the classifieds at that other site, and went to the manufacturers web site. They had a video which I showed to my girlfriend, who would be the primary user. The video showed a sweeping view into a nearby tree line. Then a pair of eyes is staring back - then multiple sets of eyes - which eventually resolve into javelinas.

Her reaction was quite amusing - NO WAY! She doesn't want to know there are critters out there watching her! So, I've dropped the ND idea for now.

#4 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I've occasionally thought something like this might be fun and useful...I'm always held back by two things: The screens on these things do a fine job of extinguishing your night vision, and, that being the case, a million candle spotlight will show you anything you need to see without spending C notes.

#5 gatorengineer

gatorengineer

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hellertown, PA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Wondering if you could try and hold it up to the eyepiece and see what you get Afocally..... It may work... Just a thought...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics