CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mark V diopter adjustment

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Ah! Another point - eyepiece pairs are not always perfectly matched to the nth degree as far as length and focus position. And they don't always seat perfectly the same way. The Denks allow the user to quickly and cleanly adjust this discrepancy out while viewing. :cool: :cool:

This was quite apparent to me recently when I finally got a chance to try out a pair of Leica ASPH zooms in my MkV - the adapter necessary to use the zooms caused just such a slight discrepancy. It was workable but still a bit annoying. Moot point in the end because I just didn't get on with the combo, just too large, heavy and unwieldy when all put together. The older I get, the simpler I like it (or maybe the simpler I get?).

#27 snovosel

snovosel

Sputnik

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

Unable to decide between the denk 21 and mark v, I picked up both and will try them out during the coming weeks head-to-head on my 152 here in the Northeast using the Pan 24, 19, and a Delos 17.  I have had the denks now for about five weeks and the mark v just arrived Thursday.  I have been reading with interest the commentary above. One thing I noticed on opening the Mark v is that the left clamp housing is not rock solid against the body of the viewer in the same way the right clamp is.  There is at least a 1 mm shift that is apparent when I grab the clamp and diopter assembly, it wiggles a bit. So, curious to hear from the others who own the Mark v, if they experience the same thing?

#28 snovosel

snovosel

Sputnik

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

I neglected to mention that the wiggle goes away once I rotate the clamp to secure an eyepiece.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics