4 replies to this topic

#1 DonAtPointGrey

DonAtPointGrey

Vendor - Point Grey

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Don Murray, I'm a computer vision/camera researcher at Point Grey, and I'm going to be attending NEAIC. This is our first year with a table and I will be demo'ing some cameras.

I'm looking forward to it, and to learning more about this application area face-to-face. (I'm a camera guy, not an astronomy guy, so I hope you will be patient with me as I get up to speed on the topic!)

We are currently brainstorming what cameras we should demo live at our table. If anyone has suggestions about what you would like to see, please let me know! We can't demo every model of camera, of course, but hope to have a good select of current and upcoming cameras.

PM me or reply to this post if you have any suggestions or other feedback.

We'll post an update with details of what we will be showing, closer to the conference. (Presumably it is ok to post such an NEAIC specific item in the NEAF forum too... ?)

Thanks!

Don

#2 dvb

dvb

different Syndrome.

• Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Have a great NEAIC!

I wish Point Grey would come to my home at UBC (in Point Grey!)

#3 DonAtPointGrey

DonAtPointGrey

Vendor - Point Grey

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Have a great NEAIC!

I wish Point Grey would come to my home at UBC (in Point Grey!)

Hey, if you are serious, I would love to take you up on that! Like I said, I have a lot to learn, may as well start now. If you have the time and inclination we can geek-talk afterwards at Dentry's over a beverage :)

PM and I can send you my contact information.

Don

#4 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

Vendor (Skylight Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

If anyone has suggestions about what you would like to see, please let me know! We can't demo every model of camera, of course, but hope to have a good select of current and upcoming cameras.

PM me or reply to this post if you have any suggestions or other feedback.

We'll post an update with details of what we will be showing, closer to the conference. (Presumably it is ok to post such an NEAIC specific item in the NEAF forum too... ?)

Thanks!

Don

Don, your website is a candy store! I'm afraid I don't think I would be much helping in deciding...I'd want to see one of everything :smirk:

All the best with whatever you end up bringing...

#5 Mystic Hill

Mystic Hill

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hi everyone,

We are currently brainstorming what cameras we should demo live at our table. If anyone has suggestions about what you would like to see, please let me know!

Thanks!

Don

Hey Don!

If you are coming back in 2013 how about demoing a Flea3 like the FL3-U3-13E4M-C but with the Ruby sensor (EV76C661ABT B&W, global shutter). The flyer says

The EV76C660 and EV76C661 share the same package, pin-out and software interface as e2v’s Sapphire family of imaging sensors, enabling them to provide a range of differentiated industrial camera products from a single hardware and software development effort.

and I quote! They make it sound easy.

I haven't been able to get anywhere with Raji.

Roy

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics