Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

John; ty, I figured as much, happy holidays

#802 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

Vendor - Backyard Observatories

• Vendors
  • Loc: Here, There and Everywhere

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Happy belated TG everyone. Don and I were at my sister's at Lake Arrowhead CA after doing a job for NM state parks in Las Cruces and one for a fella in Anza CA. Met Terry Osypowski (I think that's the spelling) and checked out his optics lab. perty cool.

#803 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

• Vendors

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Oops, It's Ostahowski....I'm terrible with names. When he gets his new coating chamber up and running he's gonna refigure and recoat Stella's mirror. :whee:

http://www.ostahowskioptics.com/

#804 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

• Administrators
  • Loc: Texas, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Scotty, I didn't see on the site about recoating mirrors. Can you point me in that direction?

#805 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

• Vendors

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

He just got the vacuum chamber and just about has it up and running. He'll be able to do up to 24" IIRC. I'd guess he's just not gotten around to putting it on his site yet. You could shoot him an e-mail.

#806 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Oakie dokie. Thanks. :)

#807 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

• Vendors

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Anytime sweetie!

Hey, :jump: Di did quotes for a couple guys from your club. Looks like we might get to see ya end of February or so!

#808 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, a couple of the guys were asking me about BYO and were looking at the photos from when you constructed ours in Ohio. Their new dark site is really coming along and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Of course you know the door is always open for you guys. I have a couple blow up mattresses and a spare bed here. Stephy could come over too if you think you'll have time for us all to get together!

#809 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

• Vendors

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Great! We'll have to get with John Davis too. He's up the road just north of Lampasas.

#810 Steph

Steph

Texas Wildflower

• Administrators
  • Loc: North Texas

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Gosh, Scotty, that sure would be nice of you to come to Texas for Erika's and my birthdays! :D Isn't yours in February too, or am I thinking of someone else?

#811 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

• Vendors

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ahh, I forgot about that. Yep 2/20 :cool:

#812 Dob Frog

Dob Frog

Ninjamphibian

• Loc: Ohio

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Steph, wouldn't that be awesome if the three of you could celebrate your February birthdays together?! :waytogo:

#813 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

• Administrators

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

It certainly would. We need to find a way to get my February birthday buddy, Scott Kroeppler, over here too. His is the 17th and I'd like to surprise him with my own rendition of "Downtown" while sweating to the oldies with Richard Simmons. :hamsterdance:

#814 ArizonaScott

ArizonaScott

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Now that would be the greatest birthday gift ever!

Speaking of oldies, have you seen The Amazing Spider Man yet? I watched it over the weekend and all I could think of was what a great actress Sally Field still is, but it's getting hard to picture her as The Flying Nun! Good gosh I'm gettin' old!

#815 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

• Administrators

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

No, I haven't seen it yet but want to. There are a couple movies out there that I'd like to see. Speaking of feeling old, I just can't get over how expensive movie tickets are these days, even for matinees! When I was in my teens, I could see a movie for a dollar at the older theatre. If I saw a movie at the newer one, it was three dollars for an evening show.

#816 Scott Horstman

Scott Horstman

• Vendors

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Now that would be the greatest birthday gift ever!

Hey, it's a lot closer than coming to Ohio. You only have to drive across ONE state :jump: :roflmao:

#817 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

my own rendition of "Downtown" while sweating to the oldies with Richard Simmons.

Now that would definitely demand a video, posted here! :roflmao:

#818 Dob Frog

Dob Frog

Ninjamphibian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Oh yes a video would be required. Work it Eriker! :lol:

#819 Erix

Erix

Toad Lily

• Administrators

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Have you guys ever seen that movie with Goldie Hawn and Steve Martin, House Sitter? There's a scene where Goldie was frantically trying to keep up with an aerobics workout. I tell ya, that's not far from what it's really like! My feet are smoking and my arms feel like they'll swing right off my torso! :lol:

#820 Dob Frog

Dob Frog

Ninjamphibian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Haven't see that Erika, but I can picture you working out with Richard Simmons. Love it, probably as good as me trying to keep up with the older ladies at the Zumba class. :lol:

#821 Dob Frog

Dob Frog

Ninjamphibian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Update:

Went to the doctor today. It's been 6 weeks since my shoulder surgery. Doctor is pleased with my progress with the stretching exercises he gave me three weeks ago. He can see that I am doing these exercises good on my own at home and hasn't felt the need to have me start official therapy. I'm relieved as it's been hard enough to get rides places when Scott is away, let alone having to do (and pay) for therapy a couple times a week. I can now drive again too! :woot: Today he added strengthening exercises to the stretching ones. :bounce: I call that a step forward!

I am still in pain, although it is a different pain. He said this could take up to 6 months if not longer to get past the daily pain. Okay, I can deal with it.

One way to deal with it? Well, I found myself very frustrated and hurting pretty bad the other day. I'm not a wimp when it comes to this stuff, but dang I was feeling sorry for myself being so limited. Well, right then and there I decided I need to set some goals for myself. The look on the doctor's and Scott's face was absolutely priceless. I sat there with a smile like the Cheshire cat on my face. :grin:

1. By spring (April-ish): Go rock climbing with Jason (my son who is very trained in this) at the Red River Gorge in Kentucky. Jason is sending me a map of the Gorge so I can put it on my wall and remind myself as I do my exercises of what I am working towards.

2. By June: Learning to golf with my daughter Nikki (who just completed her second year in golf and lettered this year as she was on the Varsity team and won the Sportsmanship award.) She starts back in golf in June so that is why I picked June.

So there's the update! And I'm still giggling thinking about the expressions on the doc's and Scott's faces. :flirt:

#822 Rusty

Rusty

Hubble

• Loc: Brooker, FL

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

3. By July: Finish the psychiatric counseling :grin:

That's good news on the progress; for my shoulder, the Doc recommended just doing my usual stuff. I pulled a couple of things in the first 6 months, but after that, I could yank wrenches and handle the vacuum.

#823 Dob Frog

Dob Frog

Ninjamphibian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

3. By July: Finish the psychiatric counseling :grin:

I get this from your side of the family Uncle Rusty. :grin:

#824 droid

droid

rocketman

• Moderators
  • Loc: Conneaut, Ohio

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Good to have goals Di, but let your shoulder tell you if your ready, if it hurts, move your dates a bit.......I know Im killjoy. Lol.

#825 Dob Frog

Dob Frog

Ninjamphibian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Not a killjoy at all. I do realize that. I would never mess up what I am going through just to meet a date I set. Thanks for caring Andy!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics