Review of CDS-600D

By Ralph Laplanche

#2 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hey Charlie:

It looks like my hyper-links are not going to the correct site. Do you need me to re-submit the document with the links fixed or can you do it on your end?

#3 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators
  • Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

Okay Ralph you're all set. I ended up having to use tables in the converted HTML file to get the formatting of some of the images and their captions to work out right (the end result is pretty much exactly like you wanted it), and I also double checked your links and made sure that when someone clicks them that the web page they are asking for displays in a new tab rather than overwriting the one your article is in. I also figured out how to keep most of the colors you used in your original text.

Check it out.

Charlie

#4 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

In one part you say that the movie mode has been disable; in the pros section you list movie mode... which is it? I could see movie mode being useful for objects like the moon or planets?

Thanks for the review.

#5 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Raginar:

I can't find were you see that I said that Video Mode was disabled. Perhaps you are referring to the part which says, "TV and AV modes are disabled".

TV and AV are not video functions, those are Automatic Program Modes, which were accessible via the dial on top of the OEM camera, and is a type of exposure mode. One sets the shutter speed while you set the aperture, and the other sets the aperture while you set the shutter speed.

So Movie Mode is still available through software. There is also a blue colored mode button on the camera to manually change modes for use with EOS Movie Record software.

#6 Chuck Faranda

Chuck Faranda

Viking 1

• ****-
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Ralph,

How has the company's customer service been? Do they respond promptly to emails? Thanks.

#7 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

Hello Chuck:

All communication was done either through email or by posting on their website. I usually received a response within 12 hours. There's a 14 hour time difference. Mr Lee was my primary contact and I was very pleased with the service and attention to detail.

#8 Chuck Faranda

Chuck Faranda

Viking 1

• ****-
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks Ralph. Indeed, they have been responsive, my order is in :)

#9 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

I can't resist to mention that
the device looks like an EOS-M with active cooling added :) :).

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

#10 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I just received an upgraded camera mount at no charge from CentralDS. I wasn't even expecting a package from them at all. I have been using my camera just fine without complaints.

The new mount does improve significantly the way a camera lens attaches to the unit. The connection is more solid and the orientation of the camera to lens can be adjusted by loosening the three set screws which is part of the new design. The new design also makes it easier to screw the mount piece to the unit.

This is what I call excellent service. :bow:

#11 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I just received an upgraded camera mount at no charge from CentralDS. I wasn't even expecting a package from them at all. I have been using my camera just fine without complaints.

The new mount does improve significantly the way a camera lens attaches to the unit. The connection is more solid and the orientation of the camera to lens can be adjusted by loosening the three set screws which is part of the new design. The new design also makes it easier to screw the mount piece to the unit.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics