Photo

Quantix camera and filter wheel options??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shurik

shurik

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hi guys, has anyone figured the filter wheel options to go along with Kevin's housing? Could please post any details and pictures.... I had my first try with 7nm Ha yesterday that I attached to the top plate of the Kevin's housing, the camera could still focus but very bright stars had big bloats arond them and looked completely out of shape ...I guess it's because filter is too far away from the sensor...

Thanks, Alex

#2 zerro1

zerro1

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Smokey Point , 48.12°N 122.25°W Elevation:512 ft

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi guys, has anyone figured the filter wheel options to go along with Kevin's housing? Could please post any details and pictures.... I had my first try with 7nm Ha yesterday that I attached to the top plate of the Kevin's housing, the camera could still focus but very bright stars had big bloats arond them and looked completely out of shape ...I guess it's because filter is too far away from the sensor...

I ran my 7nm filter and a UV/IR cut filter at the snout of a TRF2008 focal reducer/field flattener connected to a "stock shutter housing" on my AT66ED a few nights ago. Had no issues. It could be that the FF/FR made the difference; but I was under the impression that Baaders filters should work reguardless of the distance from the sensor?

Posted Image

results, light frames only, 29 x 5 minute subs

Ha Image

#3 shurik

shurik

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

I am using imaging newtonian, so it might be different for refractors, my filter is made by Astronomik, maybe you are correct I should try Baader, thanks, Alex

#4 sullij1

sullij1

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hi All,

I just screwed a common 2" nosepiece adapter onto Kevin's housing. It was already threaded for that. See in photo 1. I use it like that sometimes. When I want the filter wheel I remove the nosepiece and screw on the Orion filter wheel. The Orion filter wheel comes with the adapters and its own 2" nosepiece for the scope. Seen in pic 2&3. This works on the SCT, 5" frac and the EDQ. Don't know how it will do on a newt. I have never had problems coming to focus.

Posted Image
5123 by Sullij1, on Flickr

Posted Image
Q 4 CN by Sullij1, on Flickr

Posted Image
REARq by Sullij1, on Flickr

Hope this helps.

#5 sullij1

sullij1

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Shurik,

I am going to post a link to this thread in the Quantix Help thread and elaborate a bit more on what "I think" the bloated star problem is.

#6 sullij1

sullij1

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Ok the pic and response are on the Q thread here:

http://www.cloudynig...l/fpart/28/vc/1

#7 shurik

shurik

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:48 PM