Starstruck: The Fine Art of Astrophotography

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 broca

broca

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ocala, FL

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Bates collage in Lewiston, Maine has been holding an exhibition featuring astrophotography. There are several contributors from the Cloudy Nights forums that are featured. Here is a review from the Portland Press Herald and a video about the exhibition. Anyone interested can find the catalog at the Bates Bookstore link. Congrats again to all who are featured in this exhibit.

#2 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Surveyor 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Lewiston, Maine

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Broca, Thanks for bringing news of this event to the members. I attended the exposition in June and found it very interesting and submitted a review to the powers that be here in mid June but it must have not met the requirements for a review of article, so it never was published in cloudy nights. By the way did you see the show?
Be Well
Grey

#3 Hikari

Hikari

Viking 1

• Loc: Maine, USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

An excellent exhibition (and that is not simply because I did some of the printing for it). Well worth a visit and if you are interested in astrophotography the catalog is great.

#4 broca

broca

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

My wife and I went to the exhibit yesterday and really enjoyed it. All of the images looked great in print and hanging on a wall. The catalog is well worth the $35.00. My wife really liked Nick Risinger’s Photopic Sky Survey. I really hope someone finds your review and prints it. Excellent work by all who made this happen.

#5 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Surveyor 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Lewiston, Maine

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Broca, I am glad you had a chance to visit. The exhibit will be there until December and I'm sure I'll drive the 4 miles from my house a few more times before it closes ;) Your post gave plenty of good links so if any of the other CN'ers are in the area now they have the info they'll need.
Be Well
Grey

#6 broca

broca

Surveyor 1

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Here is another link from the local television station in Maine about this exhibit and astrophotography.

#7 Hikari

Hikari

Viking 1

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey, I am on TV!! That was a great trip.

I would encourage members to go and see the exhibit. Even one of our CN members is showing is work--Nightfly.

#8 Kildar13x

Kildar13x

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maine

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I saw this on Bill Greens Maine, would really like to get up to see the exhibit sometime.

#9 Hikari

Hikari

Viking 1

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I think it is closing in the middle of December, so don't wait too long. If you do miss it, you should still be able to order a catalog. It is well worth the visit.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics